Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Coworker wants to know... Autos Inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The slant, pen pressure. tilt and letter size are all completely different.

I can't take you seriously after that statement.

Great for you, and what do you base your brilliant wrong opinion on exactly? That it looks like a real one? Isnt that the point of forging? I cant see a forger staying in business for long if when they faked a signature they just made up their own.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I see everyone here is a 'penmanship' expert. :confused: Players signatures change over time. Ive had my employer chase me down to confirm my signature of today because it doesn't look anything like it did when I hired in.

I'm not much for auto's but lets say they are all PSA/JSA'd as real. What would be the value as this was the original question.

How about instead of arguing on who is a penmanship expert (BTW thats totally not what its called) you ask me what I am basing my opinion on. I would gladly tell you someone I know over at a trusted 3rd party authenticator whom I sent a link to this topic this morning looked and asked I not say what their results where. But I could give my opinion if I think it would help the OP.

But go ahead OP listen to them send them off to whom ever you please and lose good money. Make sure you thank them when they fail.

Last edited:

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Great for you, and what do you base your brilliant wrong opinion on exactly? That it looks like a real one? Isnt that the point of forging? I cant see a forger staying in business for long if when they faked a signature they just made up their own.

Just that you think slant, pressure, and size on photo factors into it being fake.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Just that you think slant, pressure, and size on photo factors into it being fake.

While its a photo its still easy to spot a child like forgery for some . And those factors are part of it. How do you think PSA does quick opinions? Winging it??

I edited cause I thought you were saying cause its on a photo when in fact you said from a photo.

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I see everyone here is a 'penmanship' expert. :confused: Players signatures change over time. Ive had my employer chase me down to confirm my signature of today because it doesn't look anything like it did when I hired in.

I'm not much for auto's but lets say they are all PSA/JSA'd as real. What would be the value as this was the original question.

That would be nice to know, but at this point I really want him to find out if they are fakes or not from PSA. And I'm sure the other posters here would like to know as well.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The Riveria are real. Tell your co worker I will give him 20.00 for the Riveria since it's been deemed fake here
First of all, his name's "Rivera," not "Riveria."
You misspelled his name twice, so it wasn't a typo, and it wasn't auto-correct because "Riveria" is not a word.

Second, stop insisting the Rivera is authentic. You're obviously no expert as you declared the Arod pics as real and signed around 1994, even though Jbhoffman showed the patch on Arod's uniform is later than 1997 and an obvious forgery.

Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
This is why I think being an authentication expert on autos is one of the hardest things to do. Yes it's easy to spot things that are completely off but on slight differences that can change over time or in a rush, I know I don't want to be the one deciding.

Ryan

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Paying PSA or JSA to look at these is a complete waste of money. The Jeters, Mo, Justice, and Gonzalez are all terrible. The ARod's are a bit better but still fake IMO.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
You misspelled his name twice, so it wasn't a typo, and it wasn't auto-correct because "Riveria" is not a word.

Second, stop insisting the Rivera is authentic. You're obviously no expert as you declared the Arod pics as real and signed around 1994, even though Jbhoffman showed the patch on Arod's uniform is later than 1997 and an obvious forgery.

Haha

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
There are some bad bad bad fakes in there. Don't let your coworker waste his money on authentication. He will end up disappointed and lighter in the wallet.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008

633.gif

Members online

Latest posts