Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********** sunday morning thread ***************** 11/24

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Good morning guys. Had the evening to myself, and spent it on ebay and other sites searching for high 5s. Found some team sets, just not the one i need. I did however find random stuff, like one listing of a Black Diamond base card with someone on the front, but John Olerud on the back. And the seller wanted like 25 bucks for it. Baffles me how a printing error can somehow be worth 25 times the base card price. As a player collector, i can see a nice addition to a collection, but come on, 25 bucks? Absurd.

Those are the types if items I'd pick up for maybe a slight premium over the "regular" card, but 25 bucks? No way.

- Rodrick

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Those are the types if items I'd pick up for maybe a slight premium over the "regular" card, but 25 bucks? No way.

- Rodrick

I totally agree. Theres been a Bagwell like that sharing a card with Thome, but I wouldnt pop on his seven dollar price tag. And theres also some newer card thats actually stamped 1/1, thats Bagwell and someone else, but I aint paying his crazy price either.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good morning.. Hope everyone has a great day..

Anyone see the Huskies just maul the Beavers last night..
Here's a recap..

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=333270204

Because I'm Minnesotan, I looked at that and thought... "Beavers weren't playing the Huskies last night..."

College hockey problems haha.

That looks like it was quite the game though. I wish I could watch college football.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
So what's the consensus on Mauer? Still would have to produce a good 8-10 years and I know he's moving to first base. He have hof credentials or another todd helton type? Really good but not quite

Sent from my iPhone

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
So what's the consensus on Mauer? Still would have to produce a good 8-10 years and I know he's moving to first base. He have hof credentials or another todd helton type? Really good but not quite

Sent from my iPhone

If he would have stayed at catcher, I saw him has being on track for the HOF. With him moving to first base it will be tough to tell. He might see an improvement in his stats since he will not be getting beat up as bad, but they still won't be on par with a lot of first basemen. I think it would depend on how much they take his years as a catcher into account. I really wish he wouldn't have made the move to 1B but I can't blame the guy at all since he was one foul tip away from being done completely

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Howdy fellas. New HD for my laptop arrived Friday. Got it installed and Windows 7 back on. Lost everything that was on my laptop, but my new HD is much larger and faster.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I'm ready for the semester to be over. The paper I'm working on right now is kicking my butt and its due Tuesday. We were given 2 chapters from a book, and we cannot use any information from any other sources. We can use only these 2 chapters an nothing else. The one good thing about the paper is that we cannot go over 1,250 words because he hates when students add 'fluff' to lengthen the paper

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
A $1000.00? That's it? That seller XXXXed up on listing that card. No mention of the button hole. That's why I never saw it. Congrats on the pickup, Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.