Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ziegler VS Peds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Well when I started this thread I was hoping to see reasons for both sides. You all accomplished that.
With that being said my opinion is to look at the situation as a coworker type mentality. If you see a coworker cheat then get rewarded
for cheating then the next guy does the same. Rewarding the situation just makes it worse. I will leave it at that. I would like to add
that Mozeliak deserves no blame for this he is just simply doing his job. His job is to get the best talent on the field (regardless) .

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Anabolic steroids became a controlled substance because of Congress. The Attorney General's office testified and refused to place the drugs in that category. Europe, Mexico, etc. these drugs are not illegal to purchase directly from a pharmacy. I think when people think of steroid use they immediately equate it to steroid abuse. Most MLBers are using small/moderate amounts and generally just testosterone (hgh is a peptide, not steroid). They're not using grams of the stuff like pro bodybuilders/pro wrestlers. I see PEDs as technology evolving. I think the drugs have been used in pro sports a lot longer than we are led to believe. For instance, Terry Bradshaw admitted to using.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Why are we so balls deep into caring about another man's career? Peralta served his suspension and hey some team actually took a risk in signing him - he fessed up and it's time move on.

seitas

Aug 7, 2008
What are we to do about cortisone shots that allow players to play that otherwise would be sidelined. Is that cheating too?

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
This simply isn't true. While playing without any corrective lenses I could not see a linebacker's eyes, defensive lineman's hand pressure, or defensive back's tip offs of their blitzes.

When I went to corrective lenses my game went to another level.

The greats of the hitting world (Williams, Gwynn) could see the rotation of the seams and decipher the pitch much faster than the average hitter. This was a natural advantage for them.

Of course it's not the same level as anabolic steroids but my point was that PEDs are only looked down upon in baseball because numbers are so sacred.
Didnt Gwynn get Lasik surgery for the reason that he could see the ball better?

Members online

Latest posts