Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Mets autographs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Okay, so I haven't checked the thread in awhile (terrible, I know), but what do the numbers inside the parentheses mean?

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Okay, so I haven't checked the thread in awhile (terrible, I know), but what do the numbers inside the parentheses mean?

Lol, that’s my OCD...the big M means they’ve made the majors, the little m means they’ve only played in the minors and the misc means like people related to the team but not players (mascot, announcer, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

eddiejr

Nov 8, 2015
Soweet additions MrMet. I really like the Helper. I've never heard of him but it's on card and in a Mets uni so it's fantastic!
Haha I too was wondering about the numbering/parenthesis. I'm glad clarkzac asked the question, lol.

Could you could post all 10 misc cards please, I love "oddball" cards like that. I know one has to be your namesake but I want to see who the others are.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Lol, that’s my OCD...the big M means they’ve made the majors, the little m means they’ve only played in the minors and the misc means like people related to the team but not players (mascot, announcer, etc.)

Ha, I have a similar system with my minor leaguers. With my Twins autos, I count the players and managers in my total count, but have the minor leaguers separate. Once they make their MLB debut, they get moved around in my storage to be included with the rest of the MLBers. Plus, I have them alphabetized so it makes it even more fun since I go through and look at most of them again

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Ha, I have a similar system with my minor leaguers. With my Twins autos, I count the players and managers in my total count, but have the minor leaguers separate. Once they make their MLB debut, they get moved around in my storage to be included with the rest of the MLBers. Plus, I have them alphabetized so it makes it even more fun since I go through and look at most of them again

Yep, exactly, but I have the major leaguers by debut date since I have them in 9 pocket pages. That way I don’t have to keep redoing them

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Could you could post all 10 misc cards please, I love "oddball" cards like that. I know one has to be your namesake but I want to see who the others are.

So, most of them are in the thread here somewhere, but I realized I put coaches in this category too, so that includes, off the top of my head, Terry Collins and Rick Peterson. Also Mets announcer Gary Cohen.
This one was posted already, signed by Tommies widow Maxine
IMG_7265.JPG
And these were gotten IP at a game...
IMG_7266.JPG

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yep, exactly, but I have the major leaguers by debut date since I have them in 9 pocket pages. That way I don’t have to keep redoing them

So do you have blank spots for all of the guys you're missing? You might be forcing me to redo mine as well, but I like the alphabetic order just so I can find somebody easier

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So do you have blank spots for all of the guys you're missing? You might be forcing me to redo mine as well, but I like the alphabetic order just so I can find somebody easier

Yep, found a site online that had every Met listed by debut date, put the guys in that I had and put slips of paper in for guys I was missing, then I keep a complete master list of debut days, and a list where I black out the guys I already have, so I can check it to see who I need (and actually, I need to update that list with my newest acquisitions)

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Yep, found a site online that had every Met listed by debut date, put the guys in that I had and put slips of paper in for guys I was missing, then I keep a complete master list of debut days, and a list where I black out the guys I already have, so I can check it to see who I need (and actually, I need to update that list with my newest acquisitions)

I really like the debut date idea. It kind let's you go through the history a little more. Now I might have to change my storage strategy haha

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I keep mine in top loaders in alphabetical order, mainly because there are so many old Yankees to collect and many I will never have.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
This one was much more recent, sent out a couple weeks ago, unfortunately the 51s card didn’t work out so well, looks like the marker didn’t take and then he tried pen, and I rubbed them down first too...oh well

375M (32m, 10misc)

IMG_7413.JPG

Omar Quintanilla

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
376M (32m, 10misc)

This one came from eBay via Venezuela (you should see the paperwork with it, crazy, let’s just say for some reason I have a copy of the sellers identification card and fingerprints, well, one finger from each hand...)

IMG_7453.JPG
Carlos Mendoza

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
376M (32m, 10misc)

This one came from eBay via Venezuela (you should see the paperwork with it, crazy, let’s just say for some reason I have a copy of the sellers identification card and fingerprints, well, one finger from each hand...)

View attachment 88205
Carlos Mendoza

Nice!!!! And at least it wasn't the seller's actual fingers they sent you!!!

Members online

Latest posts