Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who pays for this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
How much money is spent on researching whether or not they keep the black on their uniforms? Does this even matter?

Texas-Rangers-Compare-2013-and-2014-Uniforms-459x800.jpg

http://news.sportslogos.net/2013/11/25/texas-rangers-drop-black-update-all-team-uniforms/

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
How much money is spent on researching whether or not they keep the black on their uniforms? Does this even matter?

don't know how much is spent, but in the case you presented, it's paid for by the Rangers. The Rangers decided they want to maybe make some changes. They'll have some design company draw up something, they'll vote on the few they like, they'll put it up to a fan vote or focus group, etc. until a final design is chosen.

Yes, it matters. Drives sales of merchandise, pride in the team, makes new women fans who pick their favorite teams because the uniforms look cool and the athletes wearing them are hot, etc.

I do wonder how much the Miami Marlins spent considering Jeffrey Loria picked the color scheme because it's artsy-fartsy and he's an art collector. I love the font/wordmark used but I don't like the color scheme that much. With Loria dead set on something "artistic", I doubt there was much focus-grouping going on to make sure the fans liked it too.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I prefer the old home but the new away. I'll give them that info for free.

Members online

Latest posts