Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Ride me baby" chrome auto inscription

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Several years back, around 2004, I remember someone saying they pulled an autograph from a Topps set (i think). Pretty sure it was the Topps message board. It was this card I believe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jared-Wells...1328431377?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item338833d911

I remember form the scan that there was no auto, just a crude drawing of a male member. It was before I thought to save scans, but remember seeing it posted. i tried to find it, but no luck. Anyone remember seeing that card? it might have been a hoax, but I don't know.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I vaguely remember seeing that card as well. Can't recall the year of where (it was somewhere on-line), but remember the drawing!

Several years back, around 2004, I remember someone saying they pulled an autograph from a Topps set (i think). Pretty sure it was the Topps message board. It was this card I believe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jared-Wells-2007-Bowman-Baseball-Signs-of-the-Future-Autograph-Signature-Auto-/221328431377?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item338833d911

I remember form the scan that there was no auto, just a crude drawing of a male member. It was before I thought to save scans, but remember seeing it posted. i tried to find it, but no luck. Anyone remember seeing that card? it might have been a hoax, but I don't know.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Wait, people actually would pay more money for that card as opposed to no inscription? I must have been out of the card collecting loop for a while now....

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
I posted my thoughts on BO while FCB was down but--

1. The ink looks the same to me. The bottom looks slightly darker but I think that is due to the shadows not a difference in marker.

2. Many others are better handwriting/autograph experts but I really think the inscription is of the same "hand". The R is very distinct and not a common way to create a cursive R. Very much similar to his signature.

I'm guessing that there are two scenarios that are likely:

a. Ryder penned the inscription himself, now realizes that it was probably something he shouldn't have done and is in denial mode.

b. A friend or teammate that was present at the signing took a card off the pile that was signed and added the inscription as a joke.

I really see no reason for the OP that "pulled" the card to lie about this and create a controversial thread especially after Mike C. was basically ran out of all message boards after his @twitter inscription fiasco.

Just my thoughts.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I posted my thoughts on BO while FCB was down but--

1. The ink looks the same to me. The bottom looks slightly darker but I think that is due to the shadows not a difference in marker.

2. Many others are better handwriting/autograph experts but I really think the inscription is of the same "hand". The R is very distinct and not a common way to create a cursive R. Very much similar to his signature.

I'm guessing that there are two scenarios that are likely:

a. Ryder penned the inscription himself, now realizes that it was probably something he shouldn't have done and is in denial mode.

b. A friend or teammate that was present at the signing took a card off the pile that was signed and added the inscription as a joke.

I really see no reason for the OP that "pulled" the card to lie about this and create a controversial thread especially after Mike C. was basically ran out of all message boards after his @twitter inscription fiasco.

Just my thoughts.

Meh and here are a few things I noticed. The ink color is different. The inscription is sharpie blue and the other one is the marker color topps uses. The R while similar has more different than the same as the letter r in Ryder. It definitely was made to look like the Ryder R but seems they didn't get it right. And IMO it appears more a females handwriting (or a dude who writes like a girl I guess) cause the lettering is highly feminine which leads for me to believe he didn't sign it but maybe a girl did as a joke.

What I really dont like is that the BO topic was created after this topic was made and he denied it on twitter. Then you have the person who pulled it refusing to listen and hinting at selling it as soon as he finds out what it is. Why didnt he contact him through twitter and get on BO ASAP after being pulled? Who was with him when he pulled it? Is there any others around when he broke several cases? He posted every day since pulling it. But forgot to mention this card until Yesterday?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts