Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you could get ONE old FCB user to return, who would it be and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I'm not easily offended so no one really bothers me. I don't get upset if someone disagrees with me or whatever. They are entitled to their opinion too, even though they are wrong. I've never had someone harass or troll me or posts, so I can't speak from experience. If I did have that I would just ignore/block them. I never saw anything wrong with Posey or Stras. Then again I didn't read every single post or see what mods may be privy to. Posts are posts and they make traffic. If I see a thread I'm not interested in I don't post. It's not life or death and people need to take boards less serious. You can't tell emotion or the person's exact point from reading. Like a book, some posts are interpreted by the reader. Everyone interprets different.

My .02 before bed, which if you have seen me on that invention know as a television, you will know my .02 is worth $37 and change.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
To follow up Clint, I probably converse with Will [MENTION=1888]JoshHamilton[/MENTION] now more than when he was here.

I wish justinmandawg and Kevbo were back as well.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't think [MENTION=2209]200lbhockeyplayer[/MENTION] has been on here since the end of September. I usually enjoyed reading his posts, and always enjoyed salivating over his custom cards.

Last I saw him was during the blow-up in the free to go home upper thread when he flew off the handlebars - but it was warranted because that thread was always a sh!t show and he is such a great member. Wonder if that chased him away? Timing matches I believe.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I will say that without FCB/BMB , there are a ton of guys I would have never met or become friends with. Email / Texting a bunch of them a day.

I would love for all to come back one day. But I do know a bunch are busy and dont really do much with cards anymore.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Honestly, some of the members mentioned here helped to run off some of the other members mentioned here.

We all understand that HOS threads can help to increase traffic, but it's short term. It's like the people who rubberneck at a car accident, they move on after they get their look.

A solid user base will do better than some attention seeking ******. People just need to realize that they can help as well. Make threads, make posts, be active. If there's something you would like to talk about, know more about, or just want to throw something out there, do it. The worst thing that could happen is you start a conversation. So what if your thread only gets a couple of replies, maybe the next one will do better.

On top of that, be nice to new members. Don't just jump on them if they post in the wrong spot or ask something you think is stupid. Be helpful and maybe they'll stay. Maybe they'll even tell a friend or two and they join.

My question is have we replaced any of the people that are missed with people that will make a similar mark on the group?

I say no and we never will. I don't say no to be a dick but because we share so much history with those that are not active and we romanticize over their ways and mannerisms that we cannot replace them. Regardless of how awesome the new folk are!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
My question is have we replaced any of the people that are missed with people that will make a similar mark on the group?

I say no and we never will. I don't say no to be a dick but because we share so much history with those that are not active and we romanticize over their ways and mannerisms that we cannot replace them. Regardless of how awesome the new folk are!
I do not disagree! This is deep!

Some really great names so far! A lot of memories!
I'll throw another name out that I miss: [MENTION=1744]jarcar[/MENTION]... ��I wonder how he'd feel to know that we romanticize about him... Huge Larry Walker/ Canadien collector! Ton of knowledge and all around good guy.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Did Bucky ever make it over here after the Great Beckett Message Board Exodus of '08?
That guy was a trip. Bucky!!!!!!!!!!

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Last I saw him was during the blow-up in the free to go home upper thread when he flew off the handlebars - but it was warranted because that thread was always a sh!t show and he is such a great member. Wonder if that chased him away? Timing matches I believe.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

He left for another reason but i wish he comes back some day. His particular dose of unapologetic honesty is something that made him so much fun...

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
He left for another reason but i wish he comes back some day. His particular dose of unapologetic honesty is something that made him so much fun...

This...

I visit Mike on that other board via PM's quite often. His honesty and creativity are unmatched and really wish guys like him would hop back in.

Thumpersports

Aug 9, 2008
Calgary
I am not trying to relive the past, but I can't help thinking about days of old and some of the great characters we used to have around (here, and even back in the BMB days). Do you think there would be any way to talk some of these guys back onto the boards (regardless of why they left)?

Ok, I'll start: @Thumpersports

It's hard to be a player collector and not think about this guy's great collection. In fact, every time I see Troy Glaus's name or a card, the word "Thumpersports" comes to my mind before anything else. Thumper personified the act of going all out as a player collector, something I never could quite pull myself into doing!

Im back! lol.

I have a new hobby now and my Glaus collection has taken a back seat. I rarely see anything I need and when I do, I refuse to pay $7 shipping on a $.99 card. Its a shame but its basically ruined the hobby for me. I still buy the #1 /1's when I see them but that's about it.

Members online