Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you been to a game where something significant/historical happened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Not me, but my cousin. On a family trip from MA, they were in San Diego , decided to go see a game. April 20, 2006 Julio Franco hits a HR to become the oldest player to hit one. And guess who caught it... My cousin.. They brought him down to the tunnel where he traded the ball for a Franco GU bat. Couldn't believe it when he got home and told us all the story.. Pretty amazing.

TwinsWin

Mar 14, 2011
i was at the first opening day at Target Field. was such an exciting day for me that whole week was amazing, started off at the Sun Times Show in Minneapolis.Sat in section 104 row 1 seat 18 and 19. i know my dad paid alot for those tickets. will be one of the best memories i will have with my dad.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I know its not baseball but I was at the Vikings game when Adrian Peterson broke the single game rushing record.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
The Astros actually came to San Fran on Bagwells birthday, and i was able to go to the game. Other than it being cool to me, theres really no ther game ive been to where anything signifigant really happened.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
First game at Target Field:

-Was a brutal one, but one of the most attended college games in history (I think it was #2 at the time). To my knowledge, 3 of the Gopher players are actually in the Twins organization right now.

First Twins game at Target Field:

-Another brutal one. It was also Jacque Jones' return to Minnesota. He got a large standing ovation.

Last regularly-scheduled game at the Metrodome:

-Supposed to be the "last" one, but they ended up forcing the tie-breaker against Detroit.

That's about it. I've been to some player debuts, and player milestones, but nothing very noteworthy.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
I was at the first game where Ken Griffey Jr and Sr played together. I was also at the first post season game at national's park thanks to [MENTION=1763]moxacaine[/MENTION].

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
August 15, 1980 - Houston @ San Diego went 20 innings
October 1, 1982 - Orioles sweep Brewers to pull within 1 game of first, win Saturday to draw even, but lose on Sunday, Earl Weaver retires
October 6, 1991 - Last Orioles game at Memorial Stadium
July 12, 1993 - Home Run Derby at Camden Yards, Griffey Jr. hits warehouse
Sept 5, 1995 - Ripken 2130
July 17, 2004 - Bucky Jacobson hits 1st MLB Homer

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I was at the Camden Yards game when Queen Elizabeth visited. What a PITA that was! :lol:

And we went to an O's game 5 days before he broke the record and even that was pretty incredible...

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
I was at the Camden Yards game when Queen Elizabeth visited. What a PITA that was! :lol:

And we went to an O's game 5 days before he broke the record and even that was pretty incredible...

Forgot about that one, she met Reggie Jackson not long after he was in a Naked Gun movie attempting to assassinate the Queen!

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
I've been at the "old" Yankee Stadium for some special nights including Workd Series clinching wins. The craziest thing was Bat Night back when I was a youngster in the late 80's. They gave out mini bats. The equivilent of Billy Clubs. The stadium was a rough place to begin with those days, but that night was unreal. Nothing like handing out 20000 weapons, adding alcohol and hoping for the best.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
6-14-96 Cal Ripken Jr. 2216 consecutive games in KS. Didn't even know about the record, went for my brothers birthday and they gave me an "I was there" card.

Dice-K's first win in Boston (Huge deal at the time)

Red sox hitting back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR against the Yankees at Fenway.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
1-Bonds breaks Aaron's record (08/2007)
2-A's 20 game win streak to tie AL record (05/2002)

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
All-Star Games; 1995 and 1997 World Series Games 3 2005, 3-5 2010, 3-5 2011, 1st ever interleague game, jose jiminez no hitter; 1993 last game in uniform for GH Brett and LN Ryan; Carlton Fisk setting catcher career home run record; there has to be more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts