Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you been to a game where something significant/historical happened?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm talking in attendance, not watching on TV. I've lucked into 2 things just because they are close to my birthday. It was pretty common to be taken to Reds games around my birthday.

September 11, 1985 - Pete Rose becomes the Hit King with 4,192 hits
September 16, 1988 - Tom Browning pitches a perfect game

WaxPax

86WS.jpg

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Eddie Murray 500th HR.

Wieters 1st mlb hit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Was at the Jeffery Meyer game and also the one where Jeter tied gehrig for most hits at the stadium which also happened be David price first game.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Rafael Palmeiro's 400th home run is the only notable career milestone I've witnessed.

At the last game before the All-star break in 1998, Juan Gonzalez hit 2 2-run homers to go over 100 RBI before the break. That was pretty impressive, and the crowd was very excited.

I went to a Rangers game on May 6, 1998 (IIRC), and sat in a skybox. That's how you should watch all things at all times. But it's also the day Kerry Wood exploded, so everyone was talking about him. Good day.

I also attended an Orioles game in 1992, so I witnessed part of "The Streak."

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Unfortunately.

* saw Bonds steal his 500th base and go on to score the winning run in the 11th against the Dodgers
* saw Bonds hit his 500th home run, again against the Dodgers.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I'm talking in attendance, not watching on TV. I've lucked into 2 things just because they are close to my birthday. It was pretty common to be taken to Reds games around my birthday.

September 11, 1985 - Pete Rose becomes the Hit King with 4,192 hits
September 16, 1988 - Tom Browning pitches a perfect game

I was in the Red's dugout at Wrigley when Rose tied Cobb's record!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
1990 World Series Game 1- ED blasts a HR that sets the tone for the series.....Reds Sweep the heavily favored A's

RenderBitmap

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I was at the Big O in 1989 when Dave Dravecky collapsed. An horrible feeling it was.

Also i was there at the Expos last game at the Big O in 2004.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Was at Skydome in 93 the day they clinched playoff spot. Set of fireworks and had to open the roof to let smoke out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

TwinGnats

May 25, 2010
Fridley, MN
August 23rd, 2006, Camden Yards - Rookie Nick Markakis hits three home runs against my Twins. I used to try and go to Orioles game when the Twins were in town, I currently was on a 9 game winning streak doing this over 5 years. It was the first time I brought my wife to a game with me and we lost.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Phil Humber's Perfect game...
So my daughter was a high school senior, ready to go off to college in a few months, so I was already sentimental/emotional about every second we spent together. She's a softball pitcher signed with a scholarship to a DII school a few hours away. Being a pitcher, it's pretty much all we talk about when we watch games (baseball or softball). So as this game went along, we were keyed in on pitching and watching and analyzing everything about Humber from the first pitch... What a day! Obviously, we all know what happened! Beautiful day, great seats, we even had a few White Sox fans around us, so we were all pretty pumped..after the 6th inning, I texted my daughter right next to me and I said, "Don't say the word, but I think we are witnessing history" and she smiled and neither of us said the word "no-hitter" until it was over. Here's an edited 2 minute video of the last inning:

Members online

Latest posts