Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you feel about Leaf Trinity patch cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
My question for [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] is why couldn't the company put a notation on the card telling exactly when and where the player wore the jersey?

Cards are printed/designed before the jersey is even returned to is by the player.. Thus, we don't know the date at the time of print.. BG

EmeraldRain

Aug 21, 2008
Seattle, WA.
I've never been a fan of the new Leaf, I don't like their cards and have zero use/desire for prospect crap. BG can give me a free box of any of his product and I'd tell him where he can stick it.

That being said, I'm actually in favor of these cards having replica swatches. Enough with the destruction of the relics of the game old AND new. I don't care if player x wears 10 jerseys a season, there's no need to cut them up for the greed of this hobby. Most of these "gu cards" aren't even cards anymore, it's half swatch, a profile pic and some jargon about it being touched by the player somewhere. Where's the player info, the stats, the creativity? Get back to being baseball cards.. not half card/half gu used whatever by some player on some team during some game. Even the cards with an MLB hologram giving the date of the game, I still hate that the actual item is now destroyed forever. It really is one of the many actual reasons I am mostly walking away from the card hobby next year. I have no grand delusions, I know I won't be missed.

Times change, things evolve and I get that but this is one area I wish would go back to the older days of the hobby. Even if I'm the only one and BGs reasons are totally different, I prefer the use of replicas or authentics in cards if they must be there.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Why is this a question for just leaf? Shouldn't this be a question for ALL companies to answer. Even donruss / panini had gone from putting a picture of the memorabilia used on the card to the standard "this is from something used somewhere at some time"

Just reading this thread I feel like leaf is put on a higher level of expectation when compared to panini/topps/UD.

We do expect more out of Brian. Because griping to topps or panini is like peeing in the wind. At least with Brian, we are allowed to provide feedback he'll consider.

Question: A manufacturer states on his card that the card contains a jersey/patch from an actual jersey worn by the player & the jersey / patch on the card is guaranteed to be authentic.

What does that mean to you ??

EDIT: I asked this because i just read the back of a Leaf Trinity Patch Card

scan0001.jpg

And after reading the back of the card I have a question

Is this patch Authentic ???

scan0003.jpg

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Question: A manufacturer states on his card that the card contains a jersey/patch from an actual jersey worn by the player & the jersey / patch on the card is guaranteed to be authentic.

View attachment 27660

View attachment 27661

The authenticity stems from the fact that they in fact did have the guy wear the jersey at some point in time during the signing of the cards. I do not believe he is claiming the jersey itself was authentic. It could be a replica or whatever.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
What a mistake. God, no spell check?

---

Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

They traded it for a sweet box of china replica jerseys.

But seriously BG please tell me this isnt a case of boxing up a jersey and hoping the player wears it as in the past you said you are not at every signing. For instance do you have pictures of the players wearing these "player worn" jerseys while signing cards? Did you guys witness this? While it dont change the fact this is stupid, it would make it a smidge better than a jersey in a box and taking their word they wear it.

Last edited:

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
To answer your questions:

1> we used replicas as we had done so in football without negative feedback... Based on customer feedback, we will use authentic jerseys in next years baseball set.

2> The inscriptions cards are designed for the player to add an inscirption if they wish.. For many years, companies including Pinnacle, Score and UD used the inscriptions name to describe autograph cards. In anticipation that some players would not wish to inscirbe, we clearly stated on the order form that SOME of these cards will feature inscriptions in addition to player signatures. This information was available to the market even before the orders were due form dealers, thus it should be no surprise. Next year, we will possibly eliminate inscriptions altogether in this set and introduce a new 3rd element.

3> Only Oscar Taveras did this in this set. Frankly, there are some players who dont speak or write the language well. We try to be sympathetic to this cultural divide and recognize that the player is free to sign the cards the way he wishes. Frankly, I find these VERY unique and would much prefer this to the Vernand Morency or Chris Johnson crap of the last few years. Of course, its much more fun to look at the glass half empty, therefore many critics will not recognize the uniqueness and will rather focus on his unusual decision. When the player puts his ink to paper and places his name, that is his signature/autograph.

Hope this helps.. BG

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008

View attachment 27660

View attachment 27661

If this is a question for me, we are guaranteeing that the opatch indeed comes form a jersey worn by the player and the patch's origin is authentic.
BG

Members online

Latest posts