Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was excited to pick up the Mike Schmidt recently for my 2010 Exquisite set.
s-l1600.jpg

I was also extremely excited that the Phils are going to be in the London series this year. I love London, though I've not been back in a long time. This seemed like a perfect reason to head over, but flights just killed it for me. I cannot rationalize spending a total of about $4K to spend a few days there for 2 ball games, and I can't really make it make sense without turning it into a longer, real vacation, especially since I'd be going solo.

However, my wife is a huge fan of The National (band) and they just announced a tour. Looks like we're going to PHL and NYC in September, which lines up with Phils-Mets games in both towns. I grew up in PHL and the suburbs (Ambler, Glenside), but have not been back there in 30 years. So that will be a big trip for me. I generally don't get excited for things more than a week in the future, but I'm getting excited now. She's already booked the AirBNB.

Now that I think about it, the last time I was in Philadelphia was also for a ballgame that just happened to be Fernando Valenzuela's debut with the team, of all things.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What I really liked seeing, and hopefully it wasn't because a camera was present, were the athletes seemingly having a good time signing and interacting with fans. Lots of big smiles and laughs. They were likely very paid handsomely for their time, but at least they showed up and were positive about it.

Can't help but think of all the stories about grouches singing at shows.

Members online

Latest posts