Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies Pick Up Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
just pulled from a retail pack. I noticed the pack was very thick and I thought it would be a patch card. but no a bat card. The card is like a 1/4 thick
fdsgdzfhzdthzt (2).jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
A couple years ago I saw a guy wearing an Orioles jersey with "Barksdale" on the back. I've been thinking about that a long time, just about the coolest custom jersey ever. Now I want a jersey with a character name on it. But Philadelphia has such a dearth of good movies or shows to draw from. The only really recognizable name I can think of is "Balboa," with 76 as the number. Otherwise, there's Always Sunny, Sixth Sense, The Philadelphia Story, Philadelphia, or more remotely Fresh Prince. But none of those things have a character whose name is really recognizable. Smith, Reynolds, Haven, Crowe, and so on, none of them make you go,"Oh yeah!" My other ideas are "Shyamalan" or "Cosby." Maybe not the latter now. "Franklin" would be pretty generic, and "Penn" is boring.

Suggestions?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
A couple years ago I saw a guy wearing an Orioles jersey with "Barksdale" on the back. I've been thinking about that a long time, just about the coolest custom jersey ever. Now I want a jersey with a character name on it. But Philadelphia has such a dearth of good movies or shows to draw from. The only really recognizable name I can think of is "Balboa," with 76 as the number. Otherwise, there's Always Sunny, Sixth Sense, The Philadelphia Story, Philadelphia, or more remotely Fresh Prince. But none of those things have a character whose name is really recognizable. Smith, Reynolds, Haven, Crowe, and so on, none of them make you go,"Oh yeah!" My other ideas are "Shyamalan" or "Cosby." Maybe not the latter now. "Franklin" would be pretty generic, and "Penn" is boring.

Suggestions?
how about Boys II Men?

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Suggestions?

Winthorpe III

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Winthorpe is a good one, but kind of obscure these days. And Valentine is too much of a baseball name for people to get, I think. Not that that's a big deal, since this is mainly for me, but just the other day when news came out about Eddie Murphy's huge deal with Netflix I had to explain to someone who he was and how huge he was back in the day, and how funny his specials were. Boyz II Men has zero resonance with me so that's out. Clark, as in Dick, is also too generic. I have yet to come up with anything better than Balboa.

I thought about this some more and I had several ideas for other teams if I was made of money. I would get a Rockies jersey with "Torrance" on the back. Seattle could get "Cornell" or "Cobain" or "Gates." Chicago could get "Bueller." Milwaukee could get Cunningham, Defazio, or Fonzarelli. Cincinnati could get "Fever" or "Tarlek" and the "Tarlek" jersey would have to be some outre plaid.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Suggestions?

Are you looking for fictional character names or anyone with Philly ties?

Maybe Smokin’ Joe?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

DaywalkerofCT

Feb 13, 2013
Lots of very nice Phillies cards in this thread! Picked this up a few years back when he was still playing for them, a Ryan Howard Triple threads booklet.
a20039a2708504a3c16942803ce21d07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I have been slowly picking up Stott (Phillies 1st round draft pick) . I don't know why I am just have a hunch
1.jpg2.jpg
3.jpg4.jpg
5.jpgSTOTT, BRYSON 1.jpg
STOTT, BRYSON.jpgyiy7uiy8 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Members online