User Tag List

Thread: I hate these kinds of cards

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate these kinds of cards

If Bagwell was alone on a card with a ptch like this, numbered to this, it would be a 75-100 dollar card. But add Griffey and Pujols, and its astronomically priced. I hate it when players share cards. Am i alone in thinking this?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate it too. The only multi player cards I somewhat like are of players all on the same team.

Senior Member U L Washington Rookie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks the UL had to share a rookie card with three bums...
    "As to your dead guy, occupational hazard. Drug dealer getting shot? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's been known to happen."
    Saul Goodman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually kinda like the combo players cards. Only problem for me is that I hardly ever agree with the player choices.

I'd like to see a combo card of the same player, three different pictures, three different jerseys!

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the combo cards only when they are teammates or play same position. What's the connection with Griffey, Bags and Pujols? Another one would be starting all star outfielders otherwise they should be on the same team.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, maybe a $50 card with Bagwell solo. But yeah, I get your point. It can be pure hell trying to land rare stuff with big time players on it.
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell all day every day!
    Current Jeff Bagwell count: 4,637 different cards!
    Also collecting Jerry Stackhouse! 751 different cards!
    Also collecting Jack Lambert and football players from all Texas colleges!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50/50 on these sometimes they are cool other times not so much. The serial number is also one of Griffeys jersey numbers as a red. That hurts Bags an Albert collectors...

AstroBag5
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz24 View Post
    I actually kinda like the combo players cards. Only problem for me is that I hardly ever agree with the player choices.

I'd like to see a combo card of the same player, three different pictures, three different jerseys!
    I like this idea, if he played for different teams. Take a Griffey, put in a swatch from the Mariners, Reds, and White Sox. That would be cool to see.

Or

Take Bagwell, Use the Rainbow Jersey pre 94, the Blue and gold 94-99, and Brick/pinstripes from 2000-06... That would make for a cool card as well.

juangris311
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a love/hate relationship. Love the card, hate the price.
    Always Looking For Adam Dunn Autograph Cards, 1/1's And Game Used Bats!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the biggest opposition to that type of card is from the person who collects a "lesser" player featured on the card and either has to "overpay" to own it or loses out to a bigger budget star player/set collector.

I think just about every collector has at least one of these cards out there and some are unlucky enough to have more. I cringe ever time I see a new checklist with a multiplayer card with a better player on it. Garvey has been paired with the likes of Koufax, Murray, McCovey, Mattingly, R. Henderson, Gwynn, J. Robinson, Hodges, A.Pujols and others on high end cards. Some I have a chance to own, others i will not.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewfan82 View Post
    I hate it too. The only multi player cards I somewhat like are of players all on the same team.
    Agreed.I'm a team collector for the most part, so I seldom pursue cards with players on teams I don't care about.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago Topps made a dual on card autograph in Bowman's Best of Rodriguez and Ripkin.You know there are die hard Ripkin collectors who shelled out big money for that and cringe when they see a steroid user on the same card as a classy player like Ripkin.That sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. I wonder what the Cal Ripken collectors think about it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by SINFULONE View Post
    Years ago Topps made a dual on card autograph in Bowman's Best of Rodriguez and Ripkin.You know there are die hard Ripkin collectors who shelled out big money for that and cringe when they see a steroid user on the same card as a classy player like Ripkin.That sucks.
    Only fools watch Fox News.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean_C View Post
    Indeed. I wonder what the Cal Ripken collectors think about it as well...

I remember seeing that card on the sell sheet or Beckett ad, and thought to myself "what an awesome card that would be to own".I would think it would hurt value as well.I know I wouldn't bid as much on it.

There is another card in the set all signed on card by Bonds, Ripkin, and Rodriguez.Another card that undoubtedly cost hundreds once upon a time.