User Tag List

Thread: TTM Fees

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TTM Fees

I've noticed a few on here and on scn have paid fees for TTM. Just wondering from everyone's experience how does this work? Do you send cash, money order, or a personal check? Has anyone sent less than the fee and received a autograph? Thanks

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can try to send less than the fee but that behavior is generally bad for the rest of us. Not saying this is the case with you but I think it's a total douche move to pull. The fee is the fee; pay it or send to another player. If it's a signer that gets alot of mail they will return unsigned anyway but you might be able to squeeze it through a $3 nobody guy from the 70's.

I send cash if I know it's a 100% return. Especially the old guys. If it's a guy I know has handlers like Whitey Ford always a check.

tbtwinsfan
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made some donations, but I don't believe I've actually ever "paid" for one.

Not that I've intentionally undercut anyone who charges, I just haven't written to anyone who charges as of right now.

Nolan Ryan will probably be my first.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many people sign for free that I never pay a fee to get a autograph.
    Looking for Kenny Hilliard!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancemountain View Post
    You can try to send less than the fee but that behavior is generally bad for the rest of us. Not saying this is the case with you but I think it's a total douche move to pull. The fee is the fee; pay it or send to another player. If it's a signer that gets alot of mail they will return unsigned anyway but you might be able to squeeze it through a $3 nobody guy from the 70's.

I send cash if I know it's a 100% return. Especially the old guys. If it's a guy I know has handlers like Whitey Ford always a check.
    I guess I should have phrased better. I've noticed guys sending varying amounts and receiving graphs. That's what I meant. Thank you for your help have you sent to a player out of the country? I want to try Pele and notice he signs with a tip included how would you handle that?

Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll pay a guy to finish a set and I'll most certainly always throw money in for the old old old timers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I'm away from card shows,a large collecting market and only have 2 events a year were I can obtain autos in person it's making more sense to try this. And yes paying to help a charity a player that you know is ill or old timers who need this to sustain because they don't have the best retirement or portfolio. Just like paying an appearance fee at a show is worth..

I should have said from the start how to find out true fees...

Brianga26
     BriannAtl35
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I paid $10 for Wade Boggs.. Chump change compared to the charges these guys charge for Shows.. He signed all 4 cards. Apparently baseballs are also included in that $10. I will be sending him one soon requesting a HOF inscription.