Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Johnny Manziel: Yea? or Nay? Your thoughts? with Poll...

Successful NFL career for Manziel?

• Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Don't know enough yet

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Now that Johnny Football has Officially filed for the Draft, what are your Thoughts?

It's been a while since I've seen so many "insiders, draftniks, connected League guys, etc. seem so split on a Prospect? It's still 4 months to the Draft, but I was just wondering what everyone's Opinion is of his Career's chance of success...

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
He'd need to go to the right team with an OC who'd take advantage of his skillset and have good enough talent around him to help him make plays. He can play, but still wonder about his durability long-term. Cutting back on running from last season to this season while having better passing numbers was a positive.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
He seems to have the "it" factor should he keep his head out of his arse. QBs like Brees and Wilson have proved you can be successful on the short end of the stick.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Not a Johnny fan, AJ will be the man. I'd love to see him go to Denver under Peyton for a few years.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I don't know if Manziel will be a great pro, but I know that he'll help Panini and Topps up their production runs so that ripping will be painful sort of like 2012.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
He will flop. Pocket passers are king. His backyard style won't work in the NFL.

Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Brett Favre, Fran Tarkenton, among others will beg to differ. Manziel proved he can make accurate throws in the pocket this year while still making plays with his feet. Johnny was averaging 58 yards per game on the ground, so, while scrambling was part of his game it was by no means his calling card. He certainly showed his heart was in it during the bowl game while off the field nonsense seemed to be more limited or a thing of the past. Much of it seemed overblown by the media anyway. I do question his amount of experience yet also don't see what more he could do at the collegiate level. He lost Joeckle and didn't lose a beat. A more defensive minded LSU did pick him apart so he's likely to have some rough games adjusting to the big league but that's nothing new. Durability is also a concern but I suspect he will ultimately become a more pocket oriented QB with time. I could see Cleveland snagging this guy at #4 if some other team doesn't make the hop. He's like Brett Favre with Steve Young's legs and probably Young's (not so stellar) durability. I'm pretty high on him yet at the same time will enjoy watching him get crushed by someone like Ndamukong Suh.

Cajun68

Jul 24, 2013
Louisiana
I don't know for sure. I am not a big college football fan so I don't watch college games that often. I sure don't know enough about hi to decide.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Colin Kaepernick, Russell Wilson, Brett Favre, Fran Tarkenton, among others will beg to differ. Manziel proved he can make accurate throws in the pocket this year while still making plays with his feet. Johnny was averaging 58 yards per game on the ground, so, while scrambling was part of his game it was by no means his calling card. He certainly showed his heart was in it during the bowl game while off the field nonsense seemed to be more limited or a thing of the past. Much of it seemed overblown by the media anyway. I do question his amount of experience yet also don't see what more he could do at the collegiate level. He lost Joeckle and didn't lose a beat. A more defensive minded LSU did pick him apart so he's likely to have some rough games adjusting to the big league but that's nothing new. Durability is also a concern but I suspect he will ultimately become a more pocket oriented QB with time. I could see Cleveland snagging this guy at #4 if some other team doesn't make the hop. He's like Brett Favre with Steve Young's legs and probably Young's (not so stellar) durability. I'm pretty high on him yet at the same time will enjoy watching him get crushed by someone like Ndamukong Suh.

Lol, at the Kaepernick and Wilson comment. Both guys would be nowhere without their teams stellar defenses and run game. Look at every Super Bowl champ for the last 15+ years and tell me a pocket passer isn't king in the NFL.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I don't know if Manziel will be a great pro, but I know that he'll help Panini and Topps up their production runs so that ripping will be painful sort of like 2012.

Him, Clowney, Bridgewater, whoever the cowboys draft, the wr from a&m who bailed Manziel out a lot, whoever green bay drafts, sadly not Rashad Greene, Benjamin if he has a good combine/pro day, the other Ellington, SEC star qb from the gamecock, bama players ranked too low, etc.

Yeah it'll be a kick in the junk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012

Mother of God. You can keep Manziel, Mike Evans has more upside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts