Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Johnny Manziel: Yea? or Nay? Your thoughts? with Poll...

Successful NFL career for Manziel?

• Yes

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • Don't know enough yet

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Lol, at the Kaepernick and Wilson comment. Both guys would be nowhere without their teams stellar defenses and run game. Look at every Super Bowl champ for the last 15+ years and tell me a pocket passer isn't king in the NFL.

There is your pure pocket passer like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning then you have Elway, Young, and Rodgers who all have trophies and routinely used legs. I could throw Roethlisberger in there but his rushes are rarely by design. You don't need to be a pocket statue to bring home Lombardi.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Mother of God. You can keep Manziel, Mike Evans has more upside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I think Manziel is a ****** bag but I can separate that from his on-field leadership and ability. Mike Evans looks like a potential first rounder and should make a team very happy in the long run. His height alone will make ample plays but he needs to clean up his routes so he's not consistently pushing off defenders. I've seen Vincent Jackson comparisons but could see him in more of a slot type TE/WR hybrid situation. In any event, he should be a red zone force. I'll be buying his cards.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
There is your pure pocket passer like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning then you have Elway, Young, and Rodgers who all have trophies and routinely used legs. I could throw Roethlisberger in there but his rushes are rarely by design. You don't need to be a pocket statue to bring home Lombardi.

I am not saying you have to be a statue in the pocket to win. Elway, Young, and Rodgers are all great passing QBs who only run/ran as a last resort, and thrive in the pocket. All mediocre passing, run/scramble first, backyard style QBs do not pan out in the NFL. They can be very solid, but they will never consistantly win championships.

A good defense/gameplan always trumps a gimmicky running QB eventually, but you can almost never game plan and stop a great passing game and accurate QB.

We will most likely see this on display in the Super Bowl.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I think Manziel is a ****** bag but I can separate that from his on-field leadership and ability. Mike Evans looks like a potential first rounder and should make a team very happy in the long run. His height alone will make ample plays but he needs to clean up his routes so he's not consistently pushing off defenders. I've seen Vincent Jackson comparisons but could see him in more of a slot type TE/WR hybrid situation. In any event, he should be a red zone force. I'll be buying his cards.

I was tempted to say Vincent Jackson too, just the huge YPC that he has over other top WR's in college this past season, and seemed to be within Top 10 of most stats...he could use some more work on routes and separation like you mentioned though yeah.

Members online