Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RBI Baseball is back.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saucywombat

Feb 4, 2010
Folly Beach, SC
Word

You could pitch a no hitter with the Astros. Ryan to Scott to Charlie Kerfeld.

The Giants and the Red Sox were the balls. The Sox had insane power led by juiced up Tony Armas. All of the players on the game used their '86 (or maybe it was '87) stats except Armas who was getting credit for his best ever power (43 HR) from like 1981 or something. Plus Clemens could carry you.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Oh hell yeah. I wonder what they'll keep and upgrade. I like the simplicity of the early baseball games. I can't get into the complex mechanics of the last decade or two of baseball games.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
leave it to MLBAM to screw things up!

I have a ipod touch 4th gen. At Bat works on it. MLBAM developed some fantasy manager game and when I went to download it, "sorry, your device isn't supported". You needed an ipad or iphone 4 or something (they didn't develop it to work on devices like my ipod touch 4th gen). Since MLBAM is involved, gut feeling tells me my ipod touch won't work with RBI baseball if I decided to get the game for my mobile device.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I'm probably in minority but I hope it's similar to the originals with 80s graphics and all.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
I wish I had an NES.

Some of those old sports games look fun, except for Stadium Events.

You can get a Chinese knockoff called a Yobo on ebay for like $20. It will play all of the original NES games. They even have hybrids which will play SNES and Genesis.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
You can get a Chinese knockoff called a Yobo on ebay for like $20. It will play all of the original NES games. They even have hybrids which will play SNES and Genesis.

Get yourself a Retron 3. Plays NES, SNES, and Genesis games. The controllers it comes with are decent and you can plug in original ones too. Great little machine.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Was rbi the game where if you hit it to the third baseman, you basically couldn't be thrown out at first?

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Not in the minority. Anyone that enjoyed the original is not going to be into newfangled games.

They should probably make 2 versions - RBI Baseball 2014 and RBI Baseball Throwback 2014.

The throwback for you all who remember the original RBI game. I am not a gamer so I don't what the original RBI was like. If I were to spend a few hundy on a game console and then plunk $60-80 on a game, the game graphics better be better than NASA's realistic virtual reality setup so I would likely purchase the non-throwback version if I were to start gaming wtih RBI baseball 2014.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
They should probably make 2 versions - RBI Baseball 2014 and RBI Baseball Throwback 2014.

The throwback for you all who remember the original RBI game. I am not a gamer so I don't what the original RBI was like. If I were to spend a few hundy on a game console and then plunk $60-80 on a game, the game graphics better be better than NASA's realistic virtual reality setup so I would likely purchase the non-throwback version if I were to start gaming wtih RBI baseball 2014.

They could quite easily and cheaply make an update of the original with new players and maybe slightly better graphics as an unlockable or Easter Egg in the new game.

Members online

Latest posts