Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Viking hire Mike Zimmer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Sad sad day for Bengal fans.

Zimmer is widely regarded as one of the most respected men in the NFL. His players genuinely love him.

He too a band of misfits and turned them into an elite defense.

Vikes got a steal.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Zimmer is a great Defensive co-ordinator with lots of good connections around the league but I'd worry that he's one of the guys, like Romeo Cormel, Ray Rhodes or Wade Phillips, who despite player loyalty and great success as an Assistant does not make a good Head Coach...

And IF MK2 is right and Bridgewater somehow falls to them, wow!

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Zimmer is nothing like those guys you mentioned.

He's considered a savant. Someone who could coach ANY position on the field.

Could he fail in MN? Yeah, most have.

pudge27t

Aug 6, 2011
Kansas
I'm really curious what direction they are going in the draft. And I also heard the news about AP. Man they don't have many more years left until they have to completely start over!

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Big plus for Zimmer getting Norv Turner signed as the O Coordinator. I've liked what I have read about him so far. Things are looking positive for the Vikings.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
There is no way he turns Minnesota around.

None..

Zimmer and Norv Turner could be a pretty solid coaching tandem. If they can add a QB to the three first round picks from last year and AP can stay healthy, the Vikes may be able to turn things around.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm glad they got Zimmer. On Saturday, in the Pioneer Press, 4 sports stories had Zimmer in the title. He can't be any worse than Childress ... can he ?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
The Vikings really haven't had a successful head coach since Denny Green.

Mike Tice: 32-33 (1-1 in playoffs)
Brad Childress: 39-35 (1-2 in playoffs)
Leslie Frazier: 21-32-1 (0-1 in playoffs)

Members online