Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Upper Deck Yankee Dynasty Memorabilia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
OK, I'm trying to understand this issue and finish it off. They are obviously uniform cards, two jerseys per card. I look at Beckett.com and the two Jeter combos (Jeter/Clemens) (Jeter/Williams) are listed as base cards.

Did Upper Deck just not have a Jeter jersey to use? Any examples of these cards someone could share? They are a mystery to me.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I believe Jeter had an exclusive contract with Fleer at the time. The contract would have been for autos and personal game-used items, which means if another company wanted to issue a Derek Jeter game-used card, they would have to use a piece of something that wasn't directly tied to him, like a base, ball, bench, etc. Whenever you see a star like Jeter, Bonds, Ichiro, etc. with a base or ball card in a set that you would expect them to have a jersey or bat card in, it's usually due to a contract.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
[MENTION=2642]mrwhitesox30[/MENTION] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online