Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

200 HITS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I guess I don't look into it that much considering 2 players had 199 hits

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Considering Miggy and Jeter missed some to a nearly all their games (respectively), Ichiro is aging (and also didn't play 12 games), and Braun was suspended, you can chalk it up to a down year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Considering Miggy and Jeter missed some to a nearly all their games (respectively), Ichiro is aging (and also didn't play 12 games), and Braun was suspended, you can chalk it up to a down year.

don't take it personally ;) - but pure homerism.

that's like me saying that Chris Davis has an off year next year if no one in the MLB hit 50 HR :)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
don't take it personally ;) - but pure homerism.

that's like me saying that Chris Davis has an off year next year if no one in the MLB hit 50 HR :)

Guys like him, McCutchen, Prado are perennially likely to hit 200. If they aren't playing, it stands to reason the odds are decreased.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Pitchings better, dilution of talent, and an ever changing outlook on hitting (look at the SO #'s) I think it was just a down year. Should see 1 or two get there next year but after that list... Who new and upcoming has the potential to do so?

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Guys like him, McCutchen, Prado are perennially likely to hit 200. If they aren't playing, it stands to reason the odds are decreased.

Not that your point isn't valid, but the list of players may not be the best. Between the three of them only Braun has ever had a season with 200 hits, and he only did it once. That said, I do agree that it's likely just a down year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I was putting money on anyone to get hit 200 hits, the only two I would put money on are Trout or Machado (if he's back by Opening Day). And Trout may have too much power to do it, so he'll be pitched around. There are dozens of others that could do it of course, I just wouldn't put money on them.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I just think that todays hitters strike out more and are getting less contact. to many guys with a all or nothing swing.

Members online

Latest posts