Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Russell Wilson 2014 bowman rangers card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkd7

Jan 7, 2014
81880.JPG

The Russell Wilson becomes a fantasy card like this Jackie Robinson. I think gimmicks like this, Russell Wilson, or the Jeter/Bush or the Giuliani/Red Sox card are just that - gimmicks. No real interest from me. I'd rather have the squirrel sitting on top of the foul pole card.
[h=1][/h]

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
He never played any game for the Rangers or any affiliate of theirs. Having him in a Rangers uniform is stupid. He played all of his 93 minor league games under Rockies teams.

This. It feels like a forced dumb idea like they're trying to cash in on the Deion card idea from last year's weak nfl draft class.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I'm surprised we haven't seen Brady in an Expos uni. Come to think of it, I'm surprised Topps hasn't released a set with football players who were drafted in the MLB in their respective unis.

Totally need a Roscoe Crosby Royals card now. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
who cares about the gimmicks? i dont see why all the ill will towards them as theyre only added value to a product if you hit one. if you dont have any interest in owning one then dont buy one. as we've seen in the past, people eat up gimmicks and pay good money for them. if you want to talk about dumb what about the stupid royal baby card? at least wilson is sports related. either way its added value.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Why doesn't Topps publicize the fact that they featured him on a card 4 years ago?

It rubbed me the wrong way because people will see Darren Rovell tweet it and they'll think this is his first baseball card.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Why doesn't Topps publicize the fact that they featured him on a card 4 years ago?

It rubbed me the wrong way because people will see Darren Rovell tweet it and they'll think this is his first baseball card.

They have nothing to gain monetarily from saying he appeared several years ago.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Will this hype do anything for his 2008 NC State Wolfpack team set, 2009 Gastonia Grizzlies set, 2010 Topps Pro Debut, 2010 Tri City Team set, 2011 Asheville Tourists team set?

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Bo could get elected to Canton solely on his Tecmo Bowl credentials.

I mean theoretically Brian is right, but until Bubba even starts his clock it's a ridiculous thought.

That Techmo Bowl comment is the truth. If you ran the sweep and got to the top of the screen it was a guaranteed touchdown.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
For those objecting to the uniforms - in spring training, all the players wear their parent organizations' uniforms, meaning there isn't a distinction to be made from guys in low-A, A, AA or AAA - the players are all property of whatever MLB team they signed for.

Seeing that Russell isn't likely to suit up for any of the Rangers affiliations - but might go to spring training as a glorified motivational speaker, the Texas Rangers uniform is appropriate.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Oh yeah, topps hit gold for sure.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Oh yeah, topps hit gold for sure.

If only Bowman came out in February, this card could hit three figures right now.

Sent from my XT907 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

Latest posts