Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Russell Wilson 2014 bowman rangers card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
A bo styled card would be awesome!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm surprised we haven't seen Brady in an Expos uni. Come to think of it, I'm surprised Topps hasn't released a set with football players who were drafted in the MLB in their respective unis.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Bo could get elected to Canton solely on his Tecmo Bowl credentials.

I mean theoretically Brian is right, but until Bubba even starts his clock it's a ridiculous thought.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
At least it's thinking outside the box. I hate the airbrushing, but other than that, I have no problem with it. He's one of the top-10 hottest NFL players right now. I suppose you guys want another XXXXing Bryce Harper or Puig autograph :) Oh, I know, how about another round of a bajillion miniature cards that don't fit in anything and don't really add value to a set...

I agree that maybe they could do this as the annual SP set in Topps Series 1; good idea.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Remember when hockey player Eric Lindros was in the 1990 Score Traded set?
The card showed him taking batting practice with the Blue Jays.

pow242.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I have no problem with the Lindros either. Or the Billy Crystal card from a few years ago. They wore those uniforms. Wilson never wore a Rangers uni and that drives me nuts.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have no problem with the Lindros either. Or the Billy Crystal card from a few years ago. They wore those uniforms. Wilson never wore a Rangers uni and that drives me nuts.
Lindros never played a game in the minors, even though he was drafted by Toronto.
He chose hockey over baseball and signed an exclusive deal with Score.
Then before one Blue Jays game, he put on a Jays jersey and hit batting practice for the Score photographer.

Last edited:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Now if Topps and Bowman only made cards of players that actually played in the MLB then you would have something to stand on, but since they make cards of players that have been drafted, and he was drafted by the Texas Rangers, then I guess that allows Topps to make a card of him..

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I know he didn't play ball, but he at least wore it while hitting BP.
I just don't understand why you're so upset about it. You've made about eight posts in this threads complaining about it.

It's just a fun card. Who cares if Wilson hasn't worn a Rangers jersey? Lots of Bowman cards show prospects with a Major League jersey airbrushed on.
It's just fan service for Rangers and football fans and there's nothing wrong with it.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Now if Topps and Bowman only made cards of players that actually played in the MLB then you would have something to stand on, but since they make cards of players that have been drafted, and he was drafted by the Texas Rangers, then I guess that allows Topps to make a card of him..

Technically, he was drafted by the Rockies (the Rule 5 draft isn't a real draft, it's a nerdy GM garage sale/swap-meet). He'll likely never wear a uniform of any Texas affiliate at any level, hence the airbrushing IN of the Rangers' logo.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
the only problem I have with the idea is that it appears Topps is spreading their gimmicks to Bowman instead of letting the real prospects/rookies do the selling. While it's Bowman labeled, why not insert it in flagship Topps since that's the Home of the Short-Printed Gimmicks? ;)

saraceno21

Oct 18, 2012
Topps is trying to add value to the product as well as boost sales and get people talking about the product....and it is working.

Members online

Latest posts