User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With what I like to call "Prospect Season" almost over, who have you loaded up on?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chromerookies View Post
    I'm obviously with you on Singleton and I do like Edwards but wished I picked some of his chromes up earlier

Given what he has done as a professional baseball player, I still can't believe how cheap he's selling. I have an enormous stash and am still buying more.

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else stock up over the offseason?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loaded up on Sano a couple years back only to sell my stash at a show for marginal profit. I regretted it almost immediately and loaded back up this year. Not as many as I had then, but I have 15x 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto and 1x 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto, as well as 1x 2010 Bowman Platinum Auto. Love his power potential.
    Need the following 99 Fleer Sports Illustrated Greats of the Game Autographs to complete my set:
    Baseball - Reggie Jackson (HOF Inscription & Mr. October Inscription)
    Football - Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Joe Namath, Bart Starr
    Basketball - Always looking for Isiah Thomas Auto's (in an Indiana University uniform ONLY)

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
    Not exactly a prospect but I used the off-season to load up. He should be back healthy and he's 8 away from 500 homers. Plus prices have dropped to tiny fractions of their peaks, and I believe they've settled at a point unreasonably low for a player who will go down as one of the greatest hitters of all time. Have another 2 at PSA with an SP Chirography Auto BGS 9.5/10 not scanned.

I was wondering if anyone would be smart enough to load up on him. Kudos to you. Wish I had the money to do it.

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markakis8 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone would be smart enough to load up on him. Kudos to you. Wish I had the money to do it.
    Thanks. With prices as low as they have been since his first few years in the league (on some of the cards... his Bowman Chrome is still a monster) and him being 8 away from 500 I thought it was a pretty low risk proposition. Also, because of the injury and the fact that many of these had sat on eBay for a long time, I think sellers were willing to move them even a little below what auction prices may have been, and with attention focused elsewhere, some of the them just slipped under the radar IMO. Obviously I hope he can return to being one of the great hitters of the generation. If he gets injured again or is only a shell of his former self, I don't think I'll get hurt too much since prices were already so low, and he's already one of the best hitters in history, but it will be a royal pain trying to move some of them. That said, it's Pujols, so there would be many worse options lol. Assuming things warm up as the season approaches (and they seem to be a little already) I hope to move a few in Spring Training, some more around 500, and then hopefully his performance will lead to big bumps in price over the season. I still have some more coming in, so I hope to update the scans going forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a big time Yankee fan...this thread made me do some thinking...picked up 5 Judge chrome green ref auto RCS Thanks for bringing me to my senses...never a good thing to put all eggs in 1 basket(2 is better then 1) Thx Chrome rookies!

vintagehofascollector
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JEA2880 View Post
    I loaded up on Sano a couple years back only to sell my stash at a show for marginal profit. I regretted it almost immediately and loaded back up this year. Not as many as I had then, but I have 15x 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto and 1x 2010 Bowman Chrome Refractor Auto, as well as 1x 2010 Bowman Platinum Auto. Love his power potential.
    I did the exact same thing with the exception of not loading back up on him

vintagehofascollector
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelStanton2010 View Post
    As a big time Yankee fan...this thread made me do some thinking...picked up 5 Judge chrome green ref auto RCS Thanks for bringing me to my senses...never a good thing to put all eggs in 1 basket(2 is better then 1) Thx Chrome rookies!
    very nice pickups!

brewtowncardboard
     jordo2323
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    Thanks!

looking yesterday, my buy in on raw sterlings was 10.09 and raw base was 36.52
    Nice! I got into Baez raw's at around 14.00.
    ----------SIGNATURE STARTS HERE-----------

FOLLOW SHEETSKOUT ON TWiTTER!

PHOTOBUCKET PROSPECTS

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetskout View Post
    Nice! I got into Baez raw's at around 14.00.
    Not sure how I did it but i have exactly 80 combined auto's of baez between chrome and sterling.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loaded up on Austin Meadows Bowman Sterling, Byron Buxton Bowman Sterling, and Clint Frazier Bowman Sterling's. I have most of them at BGS so no scans right now.

vintagehofascollector
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisu View Post
    I loaded up on Austin Meadows Bowman Sterling, Byron Buxton Bowman Sterling, and Clint Frazier Bowman Sterling's. I have most of them at BGS so no scans right now.
    if anyone was gonna stock up on any 3 guys from Sterling, these 3 would be at the top! Did you load up on just the base, parallels or everything?

baseballcardcollections
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJ Peterson cards. Actually have 0 bowman chrome autos, just an inbound gold refractor. Mainly stuck with sterling redemptions cause they were cheaper. Bad thing is now topps has had sterling codes on hold for a month now...

Also picked up a leaf memories black 1/1 and a few auto'ed plates. Going to get a few more memories. Done with sterling autos until topps figures their crap out.

Sent from my BOOMSTICK!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chromerookies View Post
    if anyone was gonna stock up on any 3 guys from Sterling, these 3 would be at the top! Did you load up on just the base, parallels or everything?
    I have 5 gold ref auto's sitting in Topps redemptions for Clint Frazier (less than $100 a card - I couldn't resist). I also bought around 15 base autos of Frazier, 10 base autos of Buxton, 10 base autos of Meadows, and a lot of color variations of Meadows (but all at BGS so don't have the exact numbers).

vintagehofascollector
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lisu View Post
    I have 5 gold ref auto's sitting in Topps redemptions for Clint Frazier (less than $100 a card - I couldn't resist). I also bought around 15 base autos of Frazier, 10 base autos of Buxton, 10 base autos of Meadows, and a lot of color variations of Meadows (but all at BGS so don't have the exact numbers).
    Very Nice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast