Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collectors: Getting out-sniped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
Okay let's say that you set a fairly high snipe and get out sniped in the last second. Is there anyway to tell who the Highest bidder is to see if they PC your guy too???

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
OK, go to ADVANCED SEARCH (next to the big blue search button). On the left hand side are a few options. Click SELLER, it will go to a page that looks exactly the same but BIDDER will be a choice now. Click BIDDER and enter your username in the field. Select INCLUDE COMPLETED AUCTIONS. This will show everything you have bid on and who won it if you did not.

Here's a link to the page. http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=3&_kw=ebayadvsearch&_since=15&_sop=12&_ipg=50

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
OK, go to ADVANCED SEARCH (next to the big blue search button). On the left hand side are a few options. Click SELLER, it will go to a page that looks exactly the same but BIDDER will be a choice now. Click BIDDER and enter your username in the field. Select INCLUDE COMPLETED AUCTIONS. This will show everything you have bid on and who won it if you did not.

Here's a link to the page. http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=3&_kw=ebayadvsearch&_since=15&_sop=12&_ipg=50

Huh. Thanks for the info.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I feel bad for the kid who out sniped me on a few Belle cards lol... He was probably hating his life for the price he had to pay lol

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Jun 27, 2013
Seattle, WA

Wow, I never knew you could do this. Thanks for the info!
I recognize the username of my main competition in Edgars as I have also bought quite a few from him.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle

Thanks for this! I never knew, and it's a great tool! Sad thing is, when I went to mine, I won everything I bid on in the last 30 days.
I really need to sit back and re-evaluate my life! :(

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
This used to be even better because you could look through their feedback and click "view item" to see what else they've been winning.

That is now long gone.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Good for people who had not found something or who were using their rivals as search functions, but bad for others who had already found it and allowed others to do so easily. Admittedly, I would check out my 3-4 biggest rivals to see if they were bidding on anything cool and often jumped into a game that I would otherwise miss. Sometimes people would yank items with no bids on them or sell them outright though, so I started placing nominal bids early every time. Once I had bid though, all my rivals had to do what check and see what I was bidding on and bingo, they were now bidding on it too! I stopped bidding on items at all until the hid that feature. Now I place one bid to "mark" it and then snipe.

It was much better when you could see what they were bidding on before the items ended. Found a lot of cool stuff this way, and made a lot of great side deals with other collectors.

Members online