Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1998 Zenith Z Gold numbered /100

kid4hof03
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1998 Zenith Z Gold numbered /100

Hi guys, I'm finally doing some organizing work on my Bernie Williams PC, trying to get everything in binders so I can enjoy it more and have more of a handle on what I am still looking for and I noticed today that I have two different copies of 1998 Zenith Z Gold, one is numbered to 100 on the back and the other is not. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these, is one more difficult to find than the other, are the unnumbered ones an unmarked promo of some sort? Any info you guys have would be great. Thanks!

BunchOBull
     BigHurtHOF
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The unnumbered copies were sold off during the bankruptcy...I don't know how many were released though.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with what Bunchobull said. my personal opinion is that there must be no more than 100 of the unnumbered copies, assuming a 1:1 replacement ratio, and likely less.

given the infrequency with which these cards pop up I'd recommend going nabbing what you can find if the price is right. I have both the Piazza #d and NNO versions but have never seen either of Pedro Martinez.
    I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One the reasons the '98 Z Golds are so tough is because they are only found inside the 5 x 7 cards. So essentially you have to destroy another card to find one of these. These were the "rip" cards of the 90's.

I have a feeling many of these are contained inside the 5 x 7 Z Silvers and the 5 x 7 Z Golds (which also happen to be #ed to 100).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    One the reasons the '98 Z Golds are so tough is because they are only found inside the 5 x 7 cards. So essentially you have to destroy another card to find one of these. These were the "rip" cards of the 90's.

I have a feeling many of these are contained inside the 5 x 7 Z Silvers and the 5 x 7 Z Golds (which also happen to be #ed to 100).
    I broke a box of this a little while back. All the inserts were in the middle 5x7 including the 5x7 inserts (which were also always the middle 5x7). I broke open the two 5x7 Z-Silver's out of curiosity but they both had base cards. My guess is that there are no regular issue inserts inside insert 5x7's.

gracecollector
    Mentioned
    285 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree that the unnumbered were bankruptcy auction items. Both my 5x7 and regular Z-Golds are numbered out of /100. I was told by dealers that broke the product that they had no better odds pulling silvers and golds from the Impulse 5x7's than they did from the base 5x7's.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just felt like showing some Z-Gold off this morning as well

1) 5x7 Gold Impulse, serial #d 31/100 (Piazza's jersey)

2) Regular Mike Piazza Z-Gold with serial #

3) Regular Jeff Bagwell Z-Gold with serial #
    I collect Pedro Martinez, Mike Piazza, Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers prospects and Trevor Bauer (and anything nice that catches my eye)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Serial numbered only...

kid4hof03
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information guys! I really am enjoying this board, learning a lot and so impressed with the player collectors here. Since I started the thread I figured it was only right for me to show off my Zenith Bernie's

joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid4hof03 View Post
    Thanks for the information guys! I really am enjoying this board, learning a lot and so impressed with the player collectors here. Since I started the thread I figured it was only right for me to show off my Zenith Bernie's

Bernie who?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Def tough cards , as are the 97 Diamond Edition Pinnacle Inside cards. The way of distribution and the fact they weren't broken a lot make them tough finds for player collectors. I still need both Clark's.

Ryan
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

crescentmooncards
     @BostonsportSAHD
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sad am I? I just got $30 worth off eBay and can't wait to bust them! Busting addiction strikes again

corockies
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxSoul View Post
    How sad am I? I just got $30 worth off eBay and can't wait to bust them! Busting addiction strikes again
    Be wary of purchasing loose 5 x 7 cards in the hopes of finding inserts inside. These cards were searchable with a flashlight in a dark room (if they contained base cards the light shone through the card if it was an insert the light didn't shine through). I wouldn't touch any opened product as it's more than likely been searched.
    Last edited by corockies; 01-27-2014 at 11:09 PM.

crescentmooncards
     @BostonsportSAHD
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well shoot. I'll have to check them when I get them, thanks for the heads up [MENTION=9603]corockies[/MENTION] .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast