Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show off your best 1990's pack pulls from 2013!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Meant to do this about a month ago but it's never too late! Has to be cards pulled direct from '90's product in the past year...

My hidden treasure of 2013:

1998 Topps Stars Rookie Reprint Auto, Johnny Bench
BenchToppsStars.jpg

1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers, Clemens/Castilla
ClemensCo-Signers.jpg

1996 Finest Refractor (B), Derek Jeter
96FRJeterF.jpg

1999 Topps Stars Bright Futures Foil, Eric Chavez (#'d 01/30)
FoilChaveBright.jpg

1999 Stadium Club Triumvirate Illuminator, Derek Jeter
dd53d807-dc2f-460a-b85d-1aaec9dd7f21.jpg

1998 Zenith Z-Gold, Andres Galarraga (#'d 045/100)
GalarragaZGold.jpg

1999 Ultimate Victory Parallel 100, Matt Williams (#'d 093/100)
Williams100.jpg

1998 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractor, Pat Hentgen (#'d 014/100)
HentgenAtomic.jpg

1999 Stadium Club One of a Kind, David Justice (#'d 005/150)
JusticeOneofaKind.jpg

1996 Pinnacle Team Tomorrow, Derek Jeter
JeterTeamTomorrowF.jpg

1996 Finest Griffey & Chipper (G)
96Finest15.jpg

1996 Topps Laser Stadium Stars, Will Clark
58a4cfef-d085-4d9c-aa30-9445769ef25e.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^Very nice. I opened 3-4 boxes of early 90s stuff over the summer and pulled absolutely nothing of note...

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Only opened 2 '90s boxes last year...both 1998 Collections...

Pulled a Preferred Prized Collections of Schilling limited to 55 copies.

img588.jpg

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
Hey guys, first post over here - saw this thread and had to share my pull, even thought it wasn't in 2013 (it was last week):

On a whim bought a box of '97 Finest (series 2) of eBay. To provide some background context, I've been collecting Griffey since I was a kid in the early 90s and I've always kept and updated a want list - this list pretty much consists of every rare 90s insert/parallel of Griffey bc, naturally as a kid, I went to the card shows/LCS/looked at pictures in beckett of the most visually appealing cards, the majority of which also happened to be the most rare and expensive. Since college I've been able to afford a lot on the list, but there are obviously still a few (i.e., totally certified gold, certified team mirror gold, gold embossed refractor, etc.) that I still want but realistically can't afford in if they popped up for auction.

Naturally, when I bought the box and even when it arrived, the thought of pulling the card was racing through my head, even though I rationally was not expecting to pull it. I equate it to getting excited over the purchase of a smaller-scale lottery ticket; it's worth a shot, but it doesn't really cost anything anyway. I would have been happy for pure nostalgic reasons of opening up a box of one of my favorite sets almost 20 years later.

Fast forward to the 7th pack. I open it and immediately check the sides of the 6 cards and see a deckled-edge. Ok, probably an embossed. Look at the top card (Brian Giles rookie) and as I thumb up to see the next card, the bottom 4 cards slip down briefly and my heart jumps bc I thought I saw the words "Griffey".....jump to that card and I see this:

After hyperventilating and fist pumping like Tiger Woods for the next hour, I was still in shock that I actually pulled it. ​Best pull of my life.

Last edited:

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Hey guys, first post over here - saw this thread and had to share my pull, even thought it wasn't in 2013 (it was last week):

On a whim bought a box of '97 Finest (series 2) of eBay. To provide some background context, I've been collecting Griffey since I was a kid in the early 90s and I've always kept and updated a want list - this list pretty much consists of every rare 90s insert/parallel of Griffey bc, naturally as a kid, I went to the card shows/LCS/looked at pictures in beckett of the most visually appealing cards, the majority of which also happened to be the most rare and expensive. Since college I've been able to afford a lot on the list, but there are obviously still a few (i.e., totally certified gold, certified team mirror gold, gold embossed refractor, etc.) that I still want but realistically can't afford in if they popped up for auction.

Naturally, when I bought the box and even when it arrived, the thought of pulling the card was racing through my head, even though I rationally was not expecting to pull it. I equate it to getting excited over the purchase of a smaller-scale lottery ticket; it's worth a shot, but it doesn't really cost anything anyway. I would have been happy for pure nostalgic reasons of opening up a box of one of my favorite sets almost 20 years later.

Fast forward to the 7th pack. I open it and immediately check the sides of the 6 cards and see a deckled-edge. Ok, probably an embossed. Look at the top card (Brian Giles rookie) and as I thumb up to see the next card, the bottom 4 cards slip down briefly and my heart jumps bc I thought I saw the words "Griffey".....jump to that card and I see this:
View attachment 29555

After hyperventilating and fist pumping like Tiger Woods for the next hour, I was still in shock that I actually pulled it. ​Best pull of my life.

Congrats! What a pull! 1:1,151 packs and that's just pull one, not necessarily a Griffey! What a story.

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
Lucky dog! Great pull. Do you have a bucket with other Griffey's you've got?

View attachment 29555

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
Can't remember if it was late 12 or early 13 but pulled this card when I was on my quest to complete this set. I remember being in complete shock when i saw the laminate inside the celophane pack and had my wife open it. My hands were shaking lol. When she opened the pack and looked at it i asked her what it said and she said it was a platinum card. Then she showed me. Wasn't the biggest name but still a great pull for me and very cool

Members online

Latest posts