Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett Super Collector... When should I apply?

When should I apply for Beckett Super Collector?

• Once I hit 2000

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Once I hit 3000

• Never... Beckett Sucks

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Other (please explain)

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I am always excited to share my Pacific collection with people and I one day hope to share my collection in Beckett.

My question to you, my fellow collectors, is this:

At what point should I apply for Beckett Super Collector?

As far as I have discovered to this point, there are 3,308 different Pacific Football Game Used/Patches/Autos in existence. Some are not cataloged by Beckett (Imagine that!)

I am currently at 1,292, which is 39.06%.

So I ask you...

When should I apply?

If you want to see the list of what I have, you can go here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgMWcdV47HsjdF9pa0RGU1NBdnpBT3JFRHIxNUVWNWc&usp=sharing

There is also a link to my Photobucket there.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm with Ken on this. As much as Beckett does suck, it's still an accomplishment that is seen by a truck ton of fellow collector's. 50% and submit.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Very cool. I said 2,000 but was really thinking over 50% would be a good milestone I suppose.

It's funny but I'm looking to apply when I hit over 90% of Albert Belle cards recognized by Beckett, which is a goal of mine this year. Only 0.8% away as we speak but there are new cards in 2014, which keeps the wheels spinning lol

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Thanks for the input fellas.

My goal is to be at 1800 by the end of the year. It's going to be a year of getting set fillers (common basic jerseys). Then I can really buckle down and get the big dogs out of the way.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I am always excited to share my Pacific collection with people and I one day hope to share my collection in Beckett.

My question to you, my fellow collectors, is this:

At what point should I apply for Beckett Super Collector?

Any reason you couldn't apply right now and if you don't get in try again another time,
?

It's funny but I'm looking to apply when I hit over 90% of Albert Belle cards recognized by Beckett, which is a goal of mine this year. Only 0.8% away as we speak but there are new cards in 2014, which keeps the wheels spinning lol
Come on... less than 1% (20ish cards) is keeping you from applying to share your collection? A few cards away from 90% is just awesome, so just do it, man.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I would imagine that I could apply now or any time. Just want to be as impressive as possible when I apply to improve my chances.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Come on... less than 1% (20ish cards) is keeping you from applying to share your collection? A few cards away from 90% is just awesome, so just do it, man.
LOL! Yea, your math is right ;)

I have two cards incoming and potentially two cards coming off his checklist, so I'll be pretty close. I should just apply but damn I'd like it to say I have at least 90%... just have always thought of that as my personal 100% give all the freaking 1/1s and oddball items I've either never seen or won't see ;)

I guess I could look up how to apply or what the process is... I really do want to do it.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
LOL! Yea, your math is right ;)

I have two cards incoming and potentially two cards coming off his checklist, so I'll be pretty close. I should just apply but damn I'd like it to say I have at least 90%... just have always thought of that as my personal 100% give all the freaking 1/1s and oddball items I've either never seen or won't see ;)

I guess I could look up how to apply or what the process is... I really do want to do it.

Now that I think about it, 90% is just an arbitrary number. 91.3% is really where the respect comes. You should definitely hold off to prevent embarrassment.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Mac, you might as well. Eddie, I'd say round it up to at least 1500 or even 2,000. I think big round numbers look and sound better than a percentage. And in this game, percentage can be impossible. Which is what makes Mac's feat all the more amazing. If you're not high percentage wise, the numbers sound better and vice versa. Somebody could have 4,000 different Derek Jeters and not be even close to 50%(I'm not sure) and the 4,000 stands out because we all know how hard that is.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
[MENTION=2394]tonsofcommons[/MENTION], very impressive!

out of curiosity, besides inevitable fame and fortune, what are the major advantages of being recognized by Beckett as as supercollector?

I mean, you already have that unofficial distinction on this board...

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
The main reason would be to hopefully lead to some of the short printed ones to come out of the woodworks.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
The main reason would be to hopefully lead to some of the short printed ones to come out of the woodworks.

Whatever you do, make sure to include your email in the write up you do about your collection. I had a few people email me right after I was in the issue with JJ cards. Nothing ultra rare or on my want list, but I did appreciate them emailing me and bought all that were offered.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
an update for anyone that cares. :^)

I am currently at 1618, which puts me at 48.87% of completion

In the 14 months since I started this thread, I have added 326 cards, or roughly 23 cards per month. :) That's a pretty neat statistic. LOL!

I think I am going to finish all of the Regular sets (base jersey non-numbered) before I submit for Super Collector.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Cool to look back. Looks like I'm -0.1% from January 2014 haha... got to love all the new cards coming out helping me move backwards... probably means I've added a ton though too...

Members online