Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I pick up any complete dream cast games I see that cheap. Even sports titles because 90% of them are still very playable. A few months back grabbed ESPN international track meet for a buck and it's actually kind of fun.

I do the same, but I don't find many of them. Regardless of what title it is, I'll buy it if it's cheap.

I'm hoping to get my hands on some defective copies of Sonic Adventure too, down the line.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Had a day full of odd-balls...

First, I won a Twitter contest from Sledgehammer (The Call of The Duty people) and they are sending me a cool shirt patch. I love this kind of stuff.

Second, I went to Goodwill and found Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Edition. It's complete, with 3 discs (game, music CD, bonus CD), poster, DLC cards, and manual. It comes in a steelbook with a slip cover. My copy is #'d 11,204/100,000.

As I am not a PC collector, I will be selling this game as it can go for upwards of $15.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I also got one of my pre-orders in earlier today:

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (that's a mouthful..).

In total, I get 3 DLC packs, and somesort of cool trading card for my bonuses.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
First game pick up in awhile. Shadows of the Damned and Deathsmiles for 360. Starting to be on the look out for cheap obscure 360 titles.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I heard about that on the CUPodcast. Apparently this guy has other stuff too. Wonder how much retro game stuff is out their hiding in bulk like this. I also wonder what effect this will have on Night Traps value. It wasn't a super expensive title to begin with.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I visited the local Wal-Mart today and noticed that "Gamecenter" is finally selling used titles.

Of course, the prices are insanely overblown, but I'll still keep an eye out here or there.

One to possibly look out for is Madden 13 on the Wii. I could see that one slipping under the radar.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I was going to have a pick up today, but I decided that I didn't want to fight the nasty/confusing road construction going on, but I'll share what it is and pick it up tomorrow.

It's a copy of MLB The Show '08 for the PS2. I don't so much want the game as much as the case (and manual assuming it's there).

It comes in a World Of Outlaws: Sprint Cars case. I didn't think much of it until I looked the game up online and noticed that it's somewhat expensive for a PS2 racing game ($20-$25 range). The case will cost me $2 and a loose copy of the game can be had for around $10, so it's a no-brainer in my book.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I don't actually listen to CU, I just watch the youtube videos (that way I can pick and choose the segments I want to watch), so this is probably pretty old.

The video Pat uploaded today was about the E.T. Landfill 2600 carts. Apparently, they rescued quite a few and will be offering some for sale through different mediums, as well as donating a few hundred to museums around the world.

Interesting idea.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Went on a little game chasing road trip to kick off the 4-day weekend. These came from Gamestop

Enchanted Arms - xBox 360.

-Not sure if I'm happy with this or not. The art says that it's an exclusive, but it was also published on the PS3. I know it's a weird reason to be frustrated, I'm just trying to focus on exclusives right now. Either way, I spent $5 and the game looks decent.

Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - xBox 360

-I already own a copy, this is somewhat of an uncommon game. What's weird about this particular copy is that, at one point, it was sold in my hometown. Somebody drove 70 miles to trade this in. Not sure if I plan to keep it or use it in trade.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution - Wii

-It's probably pretty apparent that I like Naruto. I don't subscribe to any cable packages, so anime is basically the only thing I can watch for free. I buy the games when I find them, cheap.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Enchanted Arms is decent. One of the first 360 games I bought. It didn't hold my interest though. Played til I got stuck and never went back to it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
That's good to hear. Wanted a cheap RPG to kill some time during the winter days off.

Many RPGs are just too expensive for me, and the odds of finding one out-and-about are slim to none

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've decided to start collecting the library from a developer I've found who's located in Minnesota, Monster Games.

They started out producing racing titles on PC, then produced the NASCAR Heat series for GC/PS2. After that they handled the "Excite" series on the Wii. Most recently they did Pioltwings Resort, and handled the port of Donkey Kong Country Returns to the 3DS.

It's sort of like collecting the hometown baseball team, except with video games instead of cards.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Nothing amazing as of late... Stores have been empty...

Sprint Cars: Road to Knoxville (Ps2) - Just wanted a sprint car game since I can't quite afford WoO right now.

This is interesting though... apparently when Atari sold out, a medical company purchased the mold to the Jaguar, and used it to produce dental camera cases. Enthusiasts like to purchase these cases to house their Jaguars, or to paint them. I plan on picking up one just to have in the future.

Not sure if these are original or not, but either way they are cool.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-new-White-Plastic-Console-Replacement-Covers-/110804896487

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Yeah nothing around here either. I think I learned about the Jaguar shells from AVGN. That's one system I don't have and not in any hurry to get.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Yeah nothing around here either. I think I learned about the Jaguar shells from AVGN. That's one system I don't have and not in any hurry to get.

It seems like it slows down in the fall, and the winter can be somewhat decent. I've never used craigslist in the winter so I don't know what to expect.

I agree with you on the Jaguar, I'm in no hurry to find one either. Aside from it being the last American built system, I don't have that much interest in it.. I just like collecting quirky things and these dental camera cases are right up my alley.

I'd rather save the money and build up a Sega CD or Sega Saturn arsenal before that, or buy more N64 games.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Speaking of Sega CD...

Was doing a little organizing and I found my Sega CD. It was given to me by a friend for my birthday. It's basically a bucket of parts and I don't know if I'll be able to fix it or not. I was able to peak inside and I noticed that there was a game in the tray.

It's "The Adventures of Willy Beamish." Nothing much, but it was kind of weird to find a game that I've owned for close to a year without knowing it.

Members online

Latest posts