Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game collectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Been getting into game collecting lately, anyone else do it as well?

These are my latest purchases:

$_12.JPG

2Q==

Super_Mario_Bros_cart.jpg

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_box_art.jpg

(Got two at K-Mart for $3.50 each^ Keeping both sealed)

7280.JPG

(sealed from Goodwill^)

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've been on a Sega kick lately, so my buddy brought over his 16-bit Genesis w/Sega CD, and a few games.

James Pond I
James Pond II
Sonic The Hedgehog x2
Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Power cord (I'm missing mine for the Genesis 2, hopefully this will work).

I'm also on the lookout for a PSP (want to import the SAO game from Japan and play it before playing Hollow Fragments on the Vita), so he gave me a UMD case with "Without a Paddle" on the inside.

It was a great gift. I can't wait to get the genesis and CD working.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've also decided to complete the N-Gage library.

I have no real attachment to the system, other than my first phone was a Nokia. I just think it's an obscure system with a couple of cool exclusives that never really saw the light of day since it was a major fail.

ericwilborn

Feb 3, 2014
I've been considering picking up all of my old Turbo Grafx 16 stuff again... still have my original Game Boy thankfully.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Another crazy one. Here is what I got, followed by what I had to leave behind (due to low funds).

Purchased:

Nintendo DS Lite (Blue) w/charging cord - $10. Works perfectly, but has a loose screen.

Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii) - $3 CIB, w/nintendo points

Left behind:

PS2 Memory Card - $1.50 (will be going back to get this)
Marvel Super Hero Squad PS2 - $3.00 (ouch)
Ford vs. Chevy PS2 - $3.00 (not an incredible deal, I just thought it sounded cool)
TimeSplitters (1) PS2 - $3.00

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A couple pickups here...

Metal Gear Solid (CIB - which was really sweet) PS1 - $3

Nintendo Selects Mario Power Tennis Wii - $3 (looks like a port from the GC, with better motion capability).

Lots of Wii and PSP stuff was on the shelves today, which was unusual. Left a few that I wanted, but they are sports title so they'll be there for a while.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I've been doing a lot of buying recently, but just a couple noteables:

Space Megaforce - SNES (came in a lot with 15 other games and a working system)
Naruto: The Broken Bond - 360 (tougher to find 360 title)

I'm also buying out 2 separate collections tomorrow. Between the 2, I should get 3 systems, and roughly 75 games. If I sell off all the extras/unwants, I'll make close to my investment back, which is the goal.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
I've been doing a lot of buying recently, but just a couple noteables:

I'm also buying out 2 separate collections tomorrow. Between the 2, I should get 3 systems, and roughly 75 games. If I sell off all the extras/unwants, I'll make close to my investment back, which is the goal.

That's the way to do it. I bought a persons collection at a yard sale earlier this year. It included a Sega Master System with about 20 games including Golden Axe, Rastan, and Montezuma's Revenge, and many more. There was also a 32x in there as well. I guess she sold the Genesis earlier in the day. Once I sold off all the extras and made like $100. The unfortunate thing is that these types of finds are getting fewer and farther between. There are a lot of resellers in my area jacking prices sky high.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
That's the way to do it. I bought a persons collection at a yard sale earlier this year. It included a Sega Master System with about 20 games including Golden Axe, Rastan, and Montezuma's Revenge, and many more. There was also a 32x in there as well. I guess she sold the Genesis earlier in the day. Once I sold off all the extras and made like $100. The unfortunate thing is that these types of finds are getting fewer and farther between. There are a lot of resellers in my area jacking prices sky high.

That's a sweet deal. My best this summer at the yard sales was a lot of somewhat-mediocre PS1 titles for $.50 each, and some sealed Wii titles.

I have the benefit of not having to deal with a lot of re-sellers. They just aren't here for some reason, maybe because there isn't anything to re-sell on a weekly basis, or because most stuff ends up at the pawn shops before it gets into their hands.

Anyway, I'm excited to pick up these lots tomorrow. I'll probably post some pictures of what I got + the weekly thrift and eBay haul.

Will Style 13

Feb 9, 2012
York, PA
Sweet. I'm debating on checking some yard sales this weekend. Two weeks ago I grabbed a couple complete ds games including mario vs Dk for $5 each and 4 Commodore 64 carts for $2 each. Missed out on a genesis lot with 10 games that included Gunstar heroes by like 5 minutes. I asked how much they got...$15. I'd have gone more than that easy.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Sweet. I'm debating on checking some yard sales this weekend. Two weeks ago I grabbed a couple complete ds games including mario vs Dk for $5 each and 4 Commodore 64 carts for $2 each. Missed out on a genesis lot with 10 games that included Gunstar heroes by like 5 minutes. I asked how much they got...$15. I'd have gone more than that easy.

Wow. That's pretty cool. Sucks on the missed Genesis.

Best of luck at the sales. I thought about hitting them up myself, but I'm already spending too much money.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Deal #1 is done.

Original xBox Deal:

-35 games (one sealed game & Halo 2 expansion)
-2 Dukes
-2 Dance Mats
-Remote w/reciever
-System
-System/Remote Manuals

All for $50.

All in all it was a solid deal. I'm a little bummed because the pictures showed 3-4 360 titles that weren't in the box. Nothing that was spectacular, but I could have very easily sold them for a couple quick bucks back. I'm not going to make a fuss out of it or anything though. I don't feel it's worth it.

Anyway, gotta hit the road for the biggie, deal #2 .

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I also forgot to mention that one of the games came with the "Microsoft Employee Store" sticker on it. That's what originally caught my eye. It's not worth anything in my opinion, but it's just cool to have.

Members online

Latest posts