User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in his apartment

rwongdestiny
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this fame, this wealth, after years of being clean, fell off the wagon and tossing it away in a grave. Can't feel sorry for him

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RNCoyote View Post
    Has this fame, this wealth, after years of being clean, fell off the wagon and tossing it away in a grave. Can't feel sorry for him
    Who said you need to feel sorry for him? He had an illness and it took his life. People are simply speaking about how they enjoyed his work.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

tpeichel34
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not one of his "acclaimed" roles, but I thought his part in 'Along Came Polly' was hilarious.

Raindance!!

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    It's not one of his "acclaimed" roles, but I thought his part in 'Along Came Polly' was hilarious.

Raindance!!

Without a doubt one of my favorite moments!
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed his work and sad that he couldn't shake his drug addiction. RIP Mr. Hoffman.

Featured Contributor
    The best players in history?
    Super Moderator
     Topnotchsy
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No person wants to be miserable enough that they feel it better to take their own life. You may not be able to relate to this, but I will assume that like any other person you've had areas where you have struggled and challenges. You have felt pain and loss. Take a minute to imagine your own challenges and struggles and try to imagine them magnified. Imagine you experienced the whole collection of them at once. Imagine what it means to be lost, to feel like your life is meaningless. He may have made poor decision which lead to where he ended up. He may (or may not) have been a great person (I know nothing about him and don't believe I ever watched a movie he was in)) but I do hope you can feel sorry for someone whose life was such a struggle, and be thankful for the fact that you are not going through the same.
    Last edited by Topnotchsy; 02-03-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help but think what a loser he is.
    You on the other hand have accomplished much more than he ever would have.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever met someone that was very rich and famous?? Do you think that makes all of your problems go away?

Pretty small minded if you ask me.

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a simple-minded fool you are to think this.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will never feel sorry for someone like this. The thing that really got me was that he was supposed to MEET HIS KIDS, but decided to sit around and get high instead. What a P.O.S. With as famous and wealthy as he was, he could have reached out and got the necessary help. He was too weak to do so. Have I dealt with an addiction? No, but have seen close friends and relatives do so. They have to want to help themselves, no one else can do anything.
    What did they end up finding, 50 bags of the crap? I feel sorry for his KIDS, not him.

I've dealt with many hard things in life. I was 17 when my younger brother died at the age of 14. My mom died of cancer 5 years ago. I blew out a disk in my lower back and dealt with pain for many years before it finally subsided. Guess what? I never turned to drugs to "solve" my problems. I didn't sit around and mope. I got off my ass and kept moving forward. I hung out with friends, family, and anyone who gave off a positive vibe so I could pull myself out of my rut. Am I perfect? FAR from it. But I do have common sense, and take care of myself. I see people who turn to drugs as weak-minded losers who don't have the strength to pull themselves out of whatever "problems" they have on their own.
    Last edited by Ty Hope; 02-06-2014 at 09:15 AM.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    I will never feel sorry for someone like this. The thing that really got me was that he was supposed to MEET HIS KIDS, but decided to sit around and get high instead. What a P.O.S. With as famous and wealthy as he was, he could have reached out and got the necessary help. He was too weak to do so. Have I dealt with an addiction? No, but have seen close friends and relatives do so. They have to want to help themselves, no one else can do anything.
    What did they end up finding, 50 bags of the crap? I feel sorry for his KIDS, not him.

I've dealt with many hard things in life. I was 17 when my younger brother died at the age of 14. My mom died of cancer 5 years ago. I blew out a disk in my lower back and dealt with pain for many years before it finally subsided. Guess what? I never turned to drugs to "solve" my problems. I didn't sit around and mope. I got off my ass and kept moving forward. I hung out with friends, family, and anyone who gave off a positive vibe so I could pull myself out of my rut. Am I perfect? FAR from it. But I do have common sense, and take care of myself. I see people who turn to drugs as weak-minded losers who don't have the strength to pull themselves out of whatever "problems" they have on their own.

You should have stopped at the bolded. He was clean for 23 years and at the end, he died because he didnt stay clean.

I'm not sure i saw anyone here say they feel sorry for him. there is a difference between feeling sorry for a person and feeling sorry for the results of his addiction. Feel sorry for anyone you want but a narrow minded view is all you've expressed here.
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyfan0417 View Post
    You should have stopped at the bolded. He was clean for 23 years and at the end, he died because he didnt stay clean.

I'm not sure i saw anyone here say they feel sorry for him. there is a difference between feeling sorry for a person and feeling sorry for the results of his addiction. Feel sorry for anyone you want but a narrow minded view is all you've expressed here.
    Narrow minded? If he was clean for all those years, why did he go back? Because he was weak and didn't get the help he obviously knew he needed. When the cops find 50 bags of that crap what does that tell you? He had no intention of getting help and basically committed suicide. He chose drugs over his own children and family. The world is better without garbage like that. Harsh? Maybe, but it's how I feel. He made his decisions and now he's dead with father-less children.

Whatever, moving on. Don't feel like arguing this one.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Narrow minded? If he was clean for all those years, why did he go back? Because he was weak and didn't get the help he obviously knew he needed. When the cops find 50 bags of that crap what does that tell you? He had no intention of getting help and basically committed suicide. He chose drugs over his own children and family. The world is better without garbage like that. Harsh? Maybe, but it's how I feel. He made his decisions and now he's dead with father-less children.

Whatever, moving on. Don't feel like arguing this one.

I agree, you should move on. You dont understand addiction.
    --Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, but I do understand caring for and taking care of family.

tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, but I do understand caring for and taking care of family.
    Well, there you go.
    --Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast