User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in his apartment

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How a man, addiction or not, can choose drugs over a day with his own kids though is just mind-boggling. That has nothing to with me comprehending addiction. It is a low-life thing to do. He was no idiot. I've seen him in interviews and am pretty sure he was an intelligent man. He made a CHOICE. Some are probably going to tell me that with addiction there is no choice and that you are powerless. I call BS on that. There is always a choice. It's called inner-strength and you either have it or don't. I do think it is that straight-forward. I have seen people give up alcohol because they wanted to and put out the effort. I have also seen friends crash and burn due to the opposite.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    Whatever, moving on. Don't feel like arguing this one.
    And yet you continue to do so...

carddash
     carddash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    How a man, addiction or not, can choose drugs over a day with his own kids though is just mind-boggling. That has nothing to with me comprehending addiction. It is a low-life thing to do. He was no idiot. I've seen him in interviews and am pretty sure he was an intelligent man. He made a CHOICE. Some are probably going to tell me that with addiction there is no choice and that you are powerless. I call BS on that. There is always a choice. It's called inner-strength and you either have it or don't. I do think it is that straight-forward. I have seen people give up alcohol because they wanted to and put out the effort. I have also seen friends crash and burn due to the opposite.
    I could be way off base here and if I am, someone correct me, but he may have been taking a hit to "function." Isn't heroin one of those drugs where you get to that deep point where if you haven't had a hit, you are worse off, in terms of functioning normally, than you would be with a hit?

I say all this b/c overdose isn't the definitive reason he died. The autopsy was inconclusive. It could've been something IN the heroin that actually killed him. Didn't he just buy a new batch? I have no idea, I'm throwing ideas out there. I have no experience with the drug. I'm just sad my favorite actor is dead and he left three kids behind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123