Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

quick grading question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I ask this question because I don't grade.

I guess this is a two part question. First of all, I have a chrome card that has two small dimples under the surface of the card. Meaning, they weren't caused by damage, rather, they look like printing defects.

are any of you familiar with this issue?

Also, since this a printing defect under the surface, does a grading company hold this against the card?

I ask because I get questions about the condition of the card and I don't know if its a make or break for graders.

Marinersfan

Jul 4, 2013
Yes, they will knock you for it. I busted a case of 2010 draft and quite a few had the dimples and I got 8.5 surface on all that I graded.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Thanks for the responses. I don't plan on getting the card graded, but I have it listed right now and I get inquiries about the condition, I'm assuming by graders. I want be honest about the condition but I didn't know how important was to disclose the dimples. Sometimes I feel like putting in the description "card is not gradable" and leave it at that.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Honestly, I don't even answer questions from people like that when it comes to Chrome prospects as it is a waste of my time. You can just reply saying that you don't want to describe the card incorrectly or that it is not damaged. I had someone once ask me about the condition of a chrome au every day for a week until I finally told him/her that I don't answer these questions.

However, if it is an item that I do not feel someone is strictly looking to grade, I will answer condition questions.

Members online

Latest posts