Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs #BCP102 Oscar Taveras Error No Autograph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I wanted to ask if anyone knows if any of the unsigned error versions have been graded by BGS or PSA.

If not I wanted to ask if BGS or PSA will grade or authenticate them?

Thanks

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I would assume they would grade it, no reason not to.

I would think they would make a note about the missing auto on the flip.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Or they'll refuse to grade them, or make a note that they were altered, with the signature erased. I think it was pretty well covered last year why Topps and the grading companies won't have anything to do with these.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
I remember the other thread and went ahead and read through it before I posted this thread. I also read through some ofthe threads again on Blowout cards about this.

Apparently no one still seems to know for sure if an autograph can be erased from a chrome or similar shiny card from Topps.

I am again working on something with these cards and want to try to understand everything before I do what I plan to do.

One part that continues to bother me is how most people seem to think that the autograph can be wiped off rather easily. If this is indeed true like I have said in the past this is a huge problem for Topps. I would also think the grading companies would not grade any an all cards like this for fear the autograph had been removed and resigned since supposedly these cards are so easily altered. I mean isn't that a big part of grading? Making sure the card was not altered or tampered with in any way.

I am sorry I cannot go into any more detail about what I am planning but it is very hard to trust people in this hobby. Most of you on this forum are great but there are still a few that wish me harm and want to cause trouble for me.

Right now like I said I am trying to find out as much as I can about these cards.

I am hoping someone had maybe one of these cards graded already. I am also hoping someone either pulled one of these cards themselves or saw one being pulled. There also might be like one of those box breaks on youtube where one was pulled and I was hoping to find that.

Thanks again

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I remember the other thread and went ahead and read through it before I posted this thread. I also read through some ofthe threads again on Blowout cards about this.

Apparently no one still seems to know for sure if an autograph can be erased from a chrome or similar shiny card from Topps.

I am again working on something with these cards and want to try to understand everything before I do what I plan to do.

One part that continues to bother me is how most people seem to think that the autograph can be wiped off rather easily. If this is indeed true like I have said in the past this is a huge problem for Topps. I would also think the grading companies would not grade any an all cards like this for fear the autograph had been removed and resigned since supposedly these cards are so easily altered. I mean isn't that a big part of grading? Making sure the card was not altered or tampered with in any way.

I am sorry I cannot go into any more detail about what I am planning but it is very hard to trust people in this hobby. Most of you on this forum are great but there are still a few that wish me harm and want to cause trouble for me.

Right now like I said I am trying to find out as much as I can about these cards.

I am hoping someone had maybe one of these cards graded already. I am also hoping someone either pulled one of these cards themselves or saw one being pulled. There also might be like one of those box breaks on youtube where one was pulled and I was hoping to find that.

Thanks again

Autographs can easily be removed from Chrome cards

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Lol. So you want some one to prove it can happen, so you can say yours did happen??

David, no one wishes you harm. It's just this crazy hobby plan you have of trying to force nothing into being something, so you can make a few bucks. That's what bothers others. You are the hobby's ambulance chaser.

Yes, autos can be erased and no that isn't a problem for the cards maker. Yes errors are made by the makers and some/many are worthless. Yes, grading company's make mistakes, but not everyone tries to find a way to make a living out of it.

Maybe give up the hobby and follow meta peace or rodman around, and try to get them pissed and profit from them, it would be bigger $$$$$$.

A_Pharis

It's not news in any way that autographs are easily removed from Chrome cards. It's not a problem with the manufacturing, as it's done in the way that's most feasible. The problem is with people who think it adds some sort of premium - which it really doesn't.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
Lol. So you want some one to prove it can happen, so you can say yours did happen??

David, no one wishes you harm. It's just this crazy hobby plan you have of trying to force nothing into being something, so you can make a few bucks. That's what bothers others. You are the hobby's ambulance chaser.

Yes, autos can be erased and no that isn't a problem for the cards maker. Yes errors are made by the makers and some/many are worthless. Yes, grading company's make mistakes, but not everyone tries to find a way to make a living out of it.

Maybe give up the hobby and follow meta peace or rodman around, and try to get them pissed and profit from them, it would be bigger $$$$$$.

I know my cards are legit and have not been tampered with.

And are you kidding me? People in this hobby do wish me harm. I was booted off Blowout Cards forum simply because I asked questions about errors and almost everyone goes nutso for some reason. They also left me negative feedback for no reason and made threats to me.

This has not happened here for the most part except a few people going nutso should I mention an error card.

I want to be very clear, I have not done anything wrong or illegal and I don't plan to ever.

Also I take offense to people saying I want to make this into something it is not.

Oscar Taveras seems to be a popular up and coming player. If Beckett were to do its job and track and value these errors there would be more of a market for them. So this should be something because these error cards are far more rare than the regular autograph version.

Lots of people keep saying how autographs can be erased and I am sure they can be. What I again am not so sure about is that it will leave no trace or residue. Basically I think that if an autograph has been removed the grading card company would be able to tell. If I am wrong about this and the grading company wouldn't be able to tell then why would they grade any of the cards if they can be so easily wiped off and resigned.

This is a huge problem for Topps if this is the case because we all know there are errors that happen. Some cards just do not get signed for whatever reason. But if someone gets some of these cards and then Topps uses the excuse well we won't do anything about it because you could have removed the autograph yourself, well thats a problem.

DAVEPETERS239

Banned
May 8, 2013
What I am mostly looking for now is if anyone knows of any of these that have been graded or autheticated with BGS or PSA.

Also on Blowout there are some who I guess have seen people pull these cards and I wanted to ask if they remember what type of packs these were pulled from. From what I have gathered they seem to be coming from jumbo packs. I have also tracked prices and where in the country and world these cards have been coming from.

This is all info I have shared with Beckett and truthfully this is what they should be doing but again they refuse to even acknowledge these as errors.

There was also someone on Blowout who mentioned maybe a a video of these cards being pulled and I am looking for that as well.

I would rather this not turn into a 100 page thread of everyone arguing about if a card can be wiped clean as I know most of your thoughts on this and I think my opinion is very clear as well. So really unless there is proof or some evidence either way it is a moot point for now.

Boo Radley

Jun 5, 2013
Cape Cod
I've got no experience with trying to wipe autos off of shiny cards but there's a rich history of altered cards getting by TPGers. Also, there's a precedence for TPGers to just flat-out refuse to grade cards that they can't be sure are authentic or not (be it because they're not equipped or because the possible alteration is undetectable). If your goal is to be able to prove that there are some missing auto cards that are infallible and then get the TPGers to grade them I would imagine you have an uphill climb. There's simply no benefit for the TPGers to take someone's word for it so that a handful of cards can be slabbed.

What I can tell you (as someone who is always trying to get previously ungraded cards recognized by TPGers) is that your best bet is to get the variation recognized by a hobby resource first. Once they have a well-respected hobby book in-hand that they can reference, you've got a fighting chance. No offense (and I don't know if this has been your route) but if you're trying to get them to grade something just as Joe Blow from Springfield you'll have a better chance of getting a wet noodle up a bobcat's arse in a telephone booth. Best of luck.

Arthur

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I don't believe the superfractor proofs are real for a second. There is no reason for Topps to make them at all. As for a non-auto'ed autograph card, I don't think that would happen. And graders grade the signature too. If someone wiped one off and resigned it (apart from the obvious statement that there is absolutely ZERO reason to erase and forge a signature you already had), the graders would recognize it as a forgery with the exception of professional forgers. Leading back to the last point that a forger wouldn't erase and resign a signature. I believe all the proofs and blatant errors to be straight forgeries. For what it's worth haha.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I don't believe the superfractor proofs are real for a second. There is no reason for Topps to make them at all. As for a non-auto'ed autograph card, I don't think that would happen. And graders grade the signature too. If someone wiped one off and resigned it (apart from the obvious statement that there is absolutely ZERO reason to erase and forge a signature you already had), the graders would recognize it as a forgery with the exception of professional forgers. Leading back to the last point that a forger wouldn't erase and resign a signature. I believe all the proofs and blatant errors to be straight forgeries. For what it's worth haha.

My point is the fact that BGS is apparently grading them, whether they are real or not.If they are grading these then I can see why they would grade the cards with no autograph.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Could they maybe raw review a card they wouldn't actually grade?

Members online