Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official MIKE PIAZZA Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chromerookies

Aug 7, 2008
Madison, Ct.
I don't collect Piazza Specifically but in anticipation that he makes the HOF i have picked up early pieces for my Hof collection. Only thing im looking for is a really nice auto of his.

Sick A's Patch!!! I always liked watching Piazza play and as an A's fan I have been looking for some patches of him in an a's uni.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Since this thread is just beginning, thought would be good to go waaaaaaaay back and show off some of Piazza's earliest cards. When I first got back into collecting, one of my initial goals was to obtain Mike's first minor league and rookie cards in high-end condition, either via acquisition or getting raw cards graded myself. I just picked up the 1990 Vero Beach card below, which was the last early issue card (through 1992) to complete the 'set." There are a few cards missing, such as the 1992 Highland Mint cards and the Classic Red and Classic Blue Bonus cards that I have not yet tracked down. But I consider the latter variations of the 1992 Classic card below.

Like these?

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
umarunuv.jpg

First Piazza patch ever!!Love this card!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Congrats on the thread. I've always like Piazza, and its nice to see more 90s inserts, variations, and oddball cards ;)

I dont have much in the way of individual Piazza cards, just ones he shares with Bags. I'm still needing the AP version of this one.

1995%20Pinnacle%20Museum%20Collection%20450.jpg

and who can forget the Aficianado Rivals?

1996%20Pinnacle%20Afficianado%20Rivals%2013.jpg

1996%20Pinnacle%20Afficianado%20Rivals%2015.jpg

heavy_hitter

Jun 26, 2009
Have there been any Piazza jersey cards produced with material from the five games he spent as a Marlin in 1998?

A Piazza Marlins logoman would be a neat card.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
According to Beckett, Mike Piazza has 117 cards depicting him as a Marlin (although most of the cards are post-1998).

of these 117, there are 20 patch cards, most numbered to less than 10 and quite a few 1/1s:

http://www.beckett.com/search/?term=mike+piazza&tmm=extended&team=370839&attr=223644

I don't own any, but found an article I read that was published in December 2012 about some collectors who target Mike Piazza cards in a Marlins uniform:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/01/s...-to-mike-piazzas-stint-with-marlins.html?_r=0

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The first time I saw Mike Piazza was in Tacoma. I was there with my girl friend back in 1992.. He was with the Albq Dukes..

I wasn't really paying attention until I saw the scoreboard put up his stats.. at the time he was only hitting .416..

That was when I figured I would see him in the majors..

I used to have a Piazza GU Patch from when he played with the Marlins..

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Thanks Ryan! made a deal to acquire them them a little less than a year ago, but took some time to agree on terms, payment, etc.

as part of the deal I also promised the other collector not to "show them" off immediately. they are pretty private and I respected their wishes.

Members online

Latest posts