Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Barry Bonds to rejoin Giants as special instructor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I had a Barry Bonds poster on my wall until I was almost 16. It was up from 1993-2009. The only reason that it was taken down was because I moved and the poster didn't come off the wall cleanly. If I would have been able to keep it I would have

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Should the team start measuring all the players' hat sizes upfront so they have something to compare to in a couple of years?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Bonds was a awesome talent, but I cant help but think.....

If I were on the Giants roster and fell under the umbrella that Bonds will be offering advice/assistance to, I would look at it/him as if to say "but you were a cheater juicer, banned from baseball. Why the hell should I listen to you?"

Just my 2.

GarzasBallcards

Jan 27, 2014
Cheater without a doubt, but could have went down as one of the MOST TALENTED hitters ever....maybe he'll have something positive to pass to a young player.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Obviously the PEDs inflated Bonds' stats but that can't take away from the knowledge, talent, and dedication to the game he has. The guy was a workhorse. Fans and media bashed him for not being more open, friendly, active signer, etc. but he knew there were only so many hours in a day and demanded excellence for himself. I really enjoyed watching him play. I started following him as a teen back in the mid-90s before the PEDs and even then it was great to see him play. If the ball was 1/2 inch off the plate he would take the pitch. If he got something in his wheelhouse, more often than not he would crush it.

Members online

Latest posts