Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is an "off eBay" deal mean to you? Different if with a member?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
I am sorry but say someone sees i am selling something on Ebay but knows i am a member here and asks to work out a deal here instead. Guess i should let ebay know.and make sure to give them there 13 percent because the item was first spotted there . Come on.. Really? according to you their service is how my card was spotted so by all means give them their money. Ridiculous. I am not justifying anything to myself just trying to figure out why is upsets you so much.

Stop listing on eBay and see how much your sales go down. They created a fantastic product that used by millions and abused by just as many. They earned those fees.

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Yea, I have to agree with the turning people into the eBay police every time you get a PM about doing a deal off "eBay"

Never said I have done it. Said people should do it. I'm not a bulk seller and have never had an offer to do a deal off of eBay.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mrdallas
I say to each his own, but people that say that people who go outside Ebay should be reported buyer or seller is being for lack of better terms "foolish". If you don't want to take part in the deal off ebay thing that is fine. Don't do it and you can't be harmed. If someone offers to buy something from you off ebay just decline. But to "report" that person is being a bit over the top. Again just decline and you should have no problems, but why fault someone for trying. Are ebay fees high, yes, topped with Paypal fees (which eBay owns) 13% plus. Do they offer a great service I would say yes, but don't fault people for trying to keep more of the pie for themselves. JMHO

"""""""""""""""""""

They should be reported because they are stealing from eBay. eBay allows you the opportunity to find customers. They have lower fees than any other service that provides a similar opportunity for sellers.
"""""""""""""""

Plus, ebay suspends the seller for doing it. it can't happen, if the buyer doesn't ask or agree to it. So, why do they only suspend the seller????????
Buyers, need to understand the risk they are putting the seller in. If you care about someone else's well being, you shouldn't ask them to risk their ebay acct.
Asking or agreeing to sale off ebay are equal acts. The problem I have is ebay, only hurting one side of it. Which, pisses me off. I don't report the act to get anyone in trouble. Ebay isn't going to upset a buyer any ways, we all know that. Buyers rule on ebay. I am sending it, to make a point to ebay, that their policy is unfair, in hopes that they will do the right thing and change it.

Last edited:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
A lot of good information here.What about if a seller has a cheap card you want.Would you frown upon someone asking you to trade a $1-2 card?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'll agree to that when they start doing something about keyword spammers! Until then, they don't give 2 bits about the buyer in that regard. I should not have to scan through 700+ listings when some A-H breaks a set because every listing uses the same description that references the top cards in the set. I believe it may hurt the sellers too, but most of them don't think that apparently.

Ebay isn't going to upset a buyer any ways, we all know that. Buyers rule on ebay.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Stop listing on eBay and see how much your sales go down. They created a fantastic product that used by millions and abused by just as many. They earned those fees.

Yes, they certainly do offer an excellent product but nobody is ever going to earn anything unless whatever product or service they are selling or offering can't be manipulated. And that is in the hands of ebay. They need to try to protect it. They could do something as simple as charging the listing fee and picture fee whether the item runs it's full course or gets pulled down early. They may already do this but I don't sell so I don't know how that works. That way if you play show and tell, they get a cut right up front. Secondly, they could charge an extra fee to end an item early. It might be small change but at least they got a little bit of the pie. They could also enforce a rule where if you end 3 or more auctions early a month, your listing privileges go down to only being able to list so many auctions for the next 6 months. You end even more auctions early while you are on probation, they suspend your account. There are ways to do it. They could do it if they really want to.

So, your service or product is only worth money if it's valuable to people and they can't achieve their goal without using it and you getting a cut. If they want to run a free advertising site, whatever. If they want to be paid for their service, they should take steps to ensure they don't get side stepped.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I'll agree to that when they start doing something about keyword spammers! Until then, they don't give 2 bits about the buyer in that regard. I should not have to scan through 700+ listings when some A-H breaks a set because every listing uses the same description that references the top cards in the set. I believe it may hurt the sellers too, but most of them don't think that apparently.

I will agree, that sellers doing this is a pain, and I do report this from time to time. But weeding through "non autos", isn't on the level of asking someone to do something that could cause them to lose and acct they have worked hard to create, over 17 years and lose a 3rd income to support their family. One is an inconvenience and the other can ruin the user. Ebay is 100% pro seller and many there, in high positions, have told me just that. They know their money is in buyers using their site. If there are buyers, there will be sellers. I have said it before, but I was told exactly this by an ebay/paypal 2 dept president (and a few of his staff) that this is the case and basically to deal with it. And these were friends and family at a non ebay function. This is how they feel as a company to the core, not just my opinion of them.

Members online

Latest posts