User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which current wrestlers are HOF locks?

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owen's wife wont let him be inducted, as she is in charge of his estate.

Bret has said that once she dies, his kids will probably want him in

untouchabletechniq
     Techniq650
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owen definitely.. I think Benoit too but he will never make it. There seems to be a stigma with Benoit that he's a cold blooded child/wife killer.. While it may not be possible to justify what he did, he was demented and suffered from extreme brain damage. They said he was in and out of "reality" if I recall correctly. I believe he was a sick man and if in his right mind, would never have done it. It's a shame to have him erased.
    Please take a look at my blog https://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com - rather self explanatory, I'd love any thoughts, comments, or opinions!
    Always looking for good pack deals and/or donations!

jbhofmann
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techniq View Post
    It's a shame to have him erased.
    It's a shame that he erased his family. I don't care what head trauma he had, you move on and never honor someone that did that.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No to Benoit.

Not because he's a murderer, but he wasn't really that great, and never drew a dime.

Yeah, he was a good technician, but he wasn't charismatic, couldn't cut a promo, and was never really that over.

He was good, I just don't think he's a HOFer.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

anicolaus1985
     AnthonyKates
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhofmann View Post
    Chris Benoit should not be considered in my lifetime or any other lifetime. Period.
    The baseball HoF has rapists, womanizers, racists and a possible killer or two.

I don't think his outside the ring and post career life should be brought up, but the HoF is for what they did IN the ring, not out of it, so I wouldn't let him killing his family and then himself keep him out.

You can glorify the wrestler and not the person.

Don't get me wrong, I understand it. There is NO reason for someone to do that, regardless of what is going on in their head (I still think he should have been in an institution probably 8-10 months prior to that happening), but I don't let what people do outside of their career/after they retire affect what they did while they played their sport.

I may be seeing his career through rose colored glasses though, as I thoroughly enjoyed rooting against him and watching him battle it out with Jericho a ton.

premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    No to Benoit.

Not because he's a murderer, but he wasn't really that great, and never drew a dime.

Yeah, he was a good technician, but he wasn't charismatic, couldn't cut a promo, and was never really that over.

He was good, I just don't think he's a HOFer.
    Thank god there are others who feel the same way

Featured Contributor
    Collector Showcase
     AmishDaveArcher
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever gets 'inducted' is in good graces with the McMahon's and the WWE. Christ, Koko B. Ware is in there. Garbage.

The BEST Josh Johnson collection you'll ever see

JJ count: Total Cards: 2,443 Autographs = 886, 1/1's = 125, Patches = 228, Jerseys = 209, Buttons = 2 and MLB Logoman = 1

Also collecting: Dennis Northcutt, Titus Young, Bilal Powell, Josh McCown, T.J. Graham, Gino Guidugli, A.J. Vanegas, Tony Zych, Philip Pfeiffer & Mike Sims-Walker.

Trade list linkage

untouchabletechniq
     Techniq650
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AmishDave View Post
    Whoever gets 'inducted' is in good graces with the McMahon's and the WWE. Christ, Koko B. Ware is in there. Garbage.
    Not necessarily, I still don't think everything is peachy keen with Warrior but he's going in

Having said that, that's the only example I can think of and it might simply just be profitable.. "Good for business" haha The only thing more important than McMahon's good graces
    Please take a look at my blog https://baseballpackaday.blogspot.com - rather self explanatory, I'd love any thoughts, comments, or opinions!
    Always looking for good pack deals and/or donations!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Techniq View Post
    Not necessarily, I still don't think everything is peachy keen with Warrior but he's going in.
    Even if everything ISN'T totally kosher between Vince and Warrior, this just goes to show you that Vince will work with anyone as long as he believes it is good for business. He has proven that fact on multiple occasions. Primarily with Hulk Hogan, repeatedly. Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff are two other excellent examples of what I am talking about. I believe Vince can happily work with anyone, as long as they can make him money.

Having a great working relationship with Warrior makes great sense for Vince. He will make a ton of money on merchandise and DVD releases, with Warrior on board.

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

realityflair
     TRDLarry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Benoit's wrestling abilities...but everyone is right in saying he was never over enough and never accomplished enough to be in HOF. I still think Arn should be inducted individually.
    Also, I don't believe Punk deserves to be in. Granted he held the title for ever, but besides that...he never really accomplished that much for that long. He's entertaining...yes. But being in main event for 2 years just isn't enough. He didn't work the grind in the 70 s and 80 s like Koko b ware. He didn't hold the title numerous times over numerous companies like hogan and flair and piper. He didn't do much besides make people like him for 2 years...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12