Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jarrod Parker - Tommy John Surgery AGAIN!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Poor guy. Gotta feel sorry for him after coming back strong after the last surgery.
The good news is he's still only 25 and doesn't turn 26 until November, so he can still have a good long career.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
What's he, number 5, since last week? What is going on?!

It's insane! Has there been more if these than usual this spring or is it perception?
Also, how many guys have had TJ twice now? I know Chris Capuano has had a pair and Brian Wilson had two as well, correct? Not sure I could keep the dream alive if I needed a 2nd. Tough mental dudes

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Poor guy. Gotta feel sorry for him after coming back strong after the last surgery.
The good news is he's still only 25 and doesn't turn 26 until November, so he can still have a good long career.

I can't think of one pitcher that has had two TJ surgeries and a long and successful career.

Parker will more than likely wind up in the bullpen, just like Medlen and Beachy unfortunately

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
PED's and working out too much, or improperly. It's sad to watch.

Working out too much or using PED's, both can lead to getting too big or killing the joints in the body.
Look how many pitchers are DL'd each of the last few years with oblique injuries. I am 42 now and played/watched sports since 77.
I don't remember anyone ever hurting their obliques when I was younger. Other than having a 6 pack, we never even thought about our stomachs.

Whether it be from cheating, working out hard, or too much, these guys are getting too big and putting to much strain on their bodies.

Muscle helps hit a ball further, as we learned from BONDS/AROD/BIG MAC/SOSA/ETC, but it also puts way more strain on the joints, ligaments, and muscles, when swinging and throwing.
Sadly, it's the price these guy's pay to make it today. Bigger, stronger, faster can be a good thing. Too big and too much can be a bad thing.

Some guys it's just freak, bad luck, and bad dna. But, there are just too many now, for it to all be bad luck.

As an angels fan, I like to see the A's take a shot to the stomach, but not this way.
Hopefully he can make a full recovery and be pitching again late in 2015.

Members online