User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Was that a face turn by The Shield on RAW?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,876
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Was that a face turn by The Shield on RAW?

    What do you guys think?


    I hope so.

    I would prefer them to have a face run instead of breaking up.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  2. #2
    Senior Member HPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    6,709
     premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hope is that they can just quietly break up and have be singles stars but come together a couple times a year for big mark out moments

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reins better get ready to have a rocket strapped to his ass.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,876
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    Reins better get ready to have a rocket strapped to his ass.

    Dean is the most ready for that of the three, but you're right, it will be Roman.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,286
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really really like the idea of keeping them together but as a face team.


    Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Dean is the most ready for that of the three, but you're right, it will be Roman.
    Roman has the "Vince look" which pretty much means everything in the E.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,876
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    Roman has the "Vince look" which pretty much means everything in the E.

    Oh, for sure.


    I like the idea of having The Shield back Daniel Bryan in his quest against The Authority.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about Reigns going full face, the other two staying together and recruiting someone? Long shot, but who would you like as a possible Shield member?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Super Mario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Posts
    17,876
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
    How about Reigns going full face, the other two staying together and recruiting someone? Long shot, but who would you like as a possible Shield member?
    I don't know. Haven't thought about it.


    I was just thinking about if they do get a face run, it should be Rollins, not Roman or Dean, who turns heel on them. I think that would set up Seth's singles career better than getting turned on. I don't want to see him be the one out of the group to fall into obscurity. Dean and Roman will be fun as single stars. Worried about Seth falling into the cracks and being forgotten. Guy is mega talented.

    I am impressed with how this whole Shield thing has turned out so far.





    Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,619
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine Seth joining the Wyatts.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Weimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,007
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think Seth Rollins will slip into obscurity once The Shield breaks up. Just like happened to most everyone in Nexus. He'll probably be another low to mid card guy that's used here and there. He might get a decent push right after the split but WWE will get bored with him after 3-6 months and he'll become the next Justin Gabriel.

  12. #12
    Senior Member HPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    6,709
     premiumprospects
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weimer View Post
    I honestly think Seth Rollins will slip into obscurity once The Shield breaks up. Just like happened to most everyone in Nexus. He'll probably be another low to mid card guy that's used here and there. He might get a decent push right after the split but WWE will get bored with him after 3-6 months and he'll become the next Justin Gabriel.
    I disagree.

    The Nexus was part of that 2007-2011 era where the big namers left and WWE was having a hard time pushing people and finding what to do with them.

    While I dont think Seth will get a world title push, I dont think he will be given a dumbass gimmick like 3MB

    I consider Seth as a singles competitor to be around the same level as Ziggler; a super talent who could always be in the title picture but isnt because HHH wants Batista sized guys in it.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,286
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the reaction if the shield, or one of them, interferes in the main event and helps bryan win the belt!

    Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

  14. #14
    Senior Member Weimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,007
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HPC View Post
    I disagree.

    The Nexus was part of that 2007-2011 era where the big namers left and WWE was having a hard time pushing people and finding what to do with them.

    While I dont think Seth will get a world title push, I dont think he will be given a dumbass gimmick like 3MB

    I consider Seth as a singles competitor to be around the same level as Ziggler; a super talent who could always be in the title picture but isnt because HHH wants Batista sized guys in it.
    I'm not talking from a talent point of view. I think Rollins is supremely talented and I think the Ziggler comparison is pretty accurate. But as you alluded to because he's not a Batista sized guy I think he will be forgotten in the shuffle right along with most of the roster that isn't Daniel Bryan and CM Punk (when he's around). Look at Kofi Kingston as a prime example. Dude is incredibly talented in the ring. One of the most athletic performers they have. He can put on some great matches and great spots. Is he great on the mic? No. But that doesn't even matter because he's too small for WWE to take seriously for any real length of time. He got his huge push when he was feuding with Orton a few years back when Orton was still the leader of Legacy. Then fizzled back to non-relevant status pretty quickly after and gets the occasional smaller feud here and there. I think that's exactly what will happen to Rollins.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Weimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    6,007
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most recent rumors (from today) still have Roman Reigns splitting off from the other two and turning face. And Rollins/Ambrose remaining a heel tag team for the foreseeable future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •