Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Was that a face turn by The Shield on RAW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My hope is that they can just quietly break up and have be singles stars but come together a couple times a year for big mark out moments

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I really really like the idea of keeping them together but as a face team.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
How about Reigns going full face, the other two staying together and recruiting someone? Long shot, but who would you like as a possible Shield member?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
How about Reigns going full face, the other two staying together and recruiting someone? Long shot, but who would you like as a possible Shield member?

I don't know. Haven't thought about it.

I was just thinking about if they do get a face run, it should be Rollins, not Roman or Dean, who turns heel on them. I think that would set up Seth's singles career better than getting turned on. I don't want to see him be the one out of the group to fall into obscurity. Dean and Roman will be fun as single stars. Worried about Seth falling into the cracks and being forgotten. Guy is mega talented.

I am impressed with how this whole Shield thing has turned out so far.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I honestly think Seth Rollins will slip into obscurity once The Shield breaks up. Just like happened to most everyone in Nexus. He'll probably be another low to mid card guy that's used here and there. He might get a decent push right after the split but WWE will get bored with him after 3-6 months and he'll become the next Justin Gabriel.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I honestly think Seth Rollins will slip into obscurity once The Shield breaks up. Just like happened to most everyone in Nexus. He'll probably be another low to mid card guy that's used here and there. He might get a decent push right after the split but WWE will get bored with him after 3-6 months and he'll become the next Justin Gabriel.

I disagree.

The Nexus was part of that 2007-2011 era where the big namers left and WWE was having a hard time pushing people and finding what to do with them.

While I dont think Seth will get a world title push, I dont think he will be given a ******* gimmick like 3MB

I consider Seth as a singles competitor to be around the same level as Ziggler; a super talent who could always be in the title picture but isnt because HHH wants Batista sized guys in it.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Imagine the reaction if the shield, or one of them, interferes in the main event and helps bryan win the belt!

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I disagree.

The Nexus was part of that 2007-2011 era where the big namers left and WWE was having a hard time pushing people and finding what to do with them.

While I dont think Seth will get a world title push, I dont think he will be given a ******* gimmick like 3MB

I consider Seth as a singles competitor to be around the same level as Ziggler; a super talent who could always be in the title picture but isnt because HHH wants Batista sized guys in it.

I'm not talking from a talent point of view. I think Rollins is supremely talented and I think the Ziggler comparison is pretty accurate. But as you alluded to because he's not a Batista sized guy I think he will be forgotten in the shuffle right along with most of the roster that isn't Daniel Bryan and CM Punk (when he's around). Look at Kofi Kingston as a prime example. Dude is incredibly talented in the ring. One of the most athletic performers they have. He can put on some great matches and great spots. Is he great on the mic? No. But that doesn't even matter because he's too small for WWE to take seriously for any real length of time. He got his huge push when he was feuding with Orton a few years back when Orton was still the leader of Legacy. Then fizzled back to non-relevant status pretty quickly after and gets the occasional smaller feud here and there. I think that's exactly what will happen to Rollins.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The most recent rumors (from today) still have Roman Reigns splitting off from the other two and turning face. And Rollins/Ambrose remaining a heel tag team for the foreseeable future.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Based on SD tonight, it definitely looks like the Shield is being pushed as a face team. Looks like Shield vs. Kane & NAO or another pair at WM

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
It's amazing how once in a while, a REALLY BAD heel turns because the crowd loves them.

Austin, rock, triple h, etc and now the shield.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
They're going to work as faces for the time being to set up the split. So Roman Reigns can remain a face and Rollins/Ambrose turn on him and go back heel.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
They're going to work as faces for the time being to set up the split. So Roman Reigns can remain a face and Rollins/Ambrose turn on him and go back heel.

Hopefully Rollins and Ambrose get a nice reign with the tag team titles, while Dean still carries the US title.

Members online

Latest posts