Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Upper Deck Exquisite Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I remember seeing 4 different copies of Bo Jackson and Miguel Cabrera on ebay and Beckett in short order after release. According to the Smapdi Theorem, 10-20% of a print run <100 will appear on ebay within 1 month of release, so that would peg the "effective print run" at 20-40. Of course, this set is different, as they probably had a lot of product not even leave the warehouse when they got slapped by MLB, and possibly the whole print run wasn't completed yet. Assuming collation of the cards is random within the whole print run and not really relative to any given subset of cases, distribution is always going to be uneven. Could be that there are 6-7 copies of some cards in the wild, and 1-2 of others.

I doubt the serial-numbers on the base cards would give you any clues. I wrote them all out from my set once and they were all over the range. I'm sure the computer that runs the stamping on cards like that randomizes each card, so you don't see them all under 10 or whatever.

Hopefully, though, this gets attention on the set and more cards come out of the woodwork. I'd bet there are quite a few out there in boxes and closets and the owner is clueless as to rarity. Happens when one is listed randomly on ebay for $10 or so, like any other #/75 card "should" be worth.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I'd love a canseco patch of one of these!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I made the mistake of looking at Completed Auctions for 2010 Exquisites and it appears that just last Friday someone listed an A-Rod at $9 and a Baines at $6 BINs. Luckily I didn't need either, but someone got a real steal on them. I don't recall what I paid for my A-Rod, but it was well into three figures. This set is still well below the radar for most people.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Just noticed a Griffey Jr item 363606240460 with a high BIN. Also saw a Rose, Bench, Soriano, Maddux patch

Last edited:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Woo, Yadi Molina base card sold for $266 last night. Yadi has a strong collector base that's grown in the last few seasons as conventional wisdom is he's a lock for the Hall, so it might not have been a set collector who got it. But whoever it was knew they had to go high.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Woo, Yadi Molina base card sold for $266 last night. Yadi has a strong collector base that's grown in the last few seasons as conventional wisdom is he's a lock for the Hall, so it might not have been a set collector who got it. But whoever it was knew they had to go high.
That's craziness. Yadi's market is way, way down right now.

Members online