User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2010 Upper Deck Exquisite Collector's Thread

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Loney and Soriano are doubles.

It's been over a year since any of the uncatalogued cards from this set have been added to the baseballcardpedia.com page.

deliciousbacon666
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Loney, looks awfully familiar!

I wanted to share this message I got in regards to that Loney auction, something to keep an eye out for if anyone is selling or bidding on Exquisites:

"I got this message today in regards to an auction for a 2010 Exquisite James Loney I have running. Some douche put in a large bid, and cancelled it with the old "wrong amount" excuse two days later. So, here's what I got:

"Just a heads up, jeepn3 was shilling your auction. That's why he retracted. He's been trying to control the market value so he can sell the hundreds he has, but most of the time he gets caught being the high bidder"

Bidder's name is actually jeepnj33, and he has 405 bid retractions in the last year. That has shady written all over it. "

I'd originally posted this in the 'ebayers to avoid' thread, figured it might be relevant here as well.
    I'm DelBacon on Sportlots, tons of great cards!

1K+ Club - Top Player Collections: 1. Glaus: 2132 - 2. Rolen: 1714 - 3. Thome: 1689- 4. Helton: 1602 - 5. Garciaparra: 1538 - 6. D. Ortiz: 1415 - 7. L. Walker: 1357 - 8. R. Palmeiro: 1328 - 9. A. Beltre: 1176 - 10. Edmonds: 1123 - 11. Biggio: 1110 - 12. Konerko: 1042

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He offered me a large amount of money for some of my Exquisites through this board. To my knowledge he never publicized the amount and neither have I. And if he wanted to monopolize the market for those cards I wouldn't have been able to replace one I sold for well under $100. And he has sold some for as little as $15. So I don't think it's a matter of him controlling the market, or whatever. And I doubt he has "hundreds" of them. I think he really is passionate about the set but sometimes does things that seem odd. Like, he claimed to have a card #54 when no one knew who it was, and he wouldn't tell me, shortly before one was listed on eBay under a different ID. Can't explain 400+ bid retractions, though, that's a lot.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up two more Exquisites, including the first patch I've gotten in a while.

It's a minor discovery, but I was able to confirm that the Ichiro patch is numbered "EP-I," not "EP-IS" as noted by Beckett. I've modified the baseballcardpedia entry for the card.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeliciousBacon View Post
    Nice Loney, looks awfully familiar!

I wanted to share this message I got in regards to that Loney auction, something to keep an eye out for if anyone is selling or bidding on Exquisites:

Bidder's name is actually jeepnj33, and he has 405 bid retractions in the last year. That has shady written all over it. "

I'd originally posted this in the 'ebayers to avoid' thread, figured it might be relevant here as well.
    How Ebay has not booted this guy yet is totally beyond me.. and yes I've dealt with him many times as a Canseco collector

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy_hitter View Post
    I picked up two more Exquisites, including the first patch I've gotten in a while.

It's a minor discovery, but I was able to confirm that the Ichiro patch is numbered "EP-I," not "EP-IS" as noted by Beckett. I've modified the baseballcardpedia entry for the card.
    Holy moly that's a sweet Ichiro!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madbull34 View Post
    Holy moly that's a sweet Ichiro!
    Thanks. I'm still looking for the base card and Trio patch with Matsui and Dice-K.

2010 Exquisite recycled images for the base and patch cards.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JeepNJ is selling his Exquisite set. I wonder if he's done buying. I still need 14 cards for mine, and if he is not in competition for them anymore it might make them just a little easier.

At $100,000, the price seems high but I don't think you'll ever see one for sale cheaper. Probably the only one, unless Heavy Hitter is up there.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases, and any Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually closer to finishing the patch sets than the base set. I still need 24 base cards.

The base card print run of 7-8 was being pushed by iluvsaudek07 as being confirmed by UD when he was selling off his collection, but my instincts are that the print run is probably double that, if not more. I haven't tracked the serial numbers of the base as closely as I have the patch cards, but it's just my gut feeling. I'm confident in saying the patch print run is 5.

I had previously reached out to Chris Carlin from UD who confirmed that both the base set and the patch sets are complete at 99 cards. Base card # 86 and a 50th single patch were never released (on a set that was never supposed to be released).

Nine years later, that's the first complete base set I've seen. There are still patches that I haven't seen copies of.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing 4 different copies of Bo Jackson and Miguel Cabrera on ebay and Beckett in short order after release. According to the Smapdi Theorem, 10-20% of a print run <100 will appear on ebay within 1 month of release, so that would peg the "effective print run" at 20-40. Of course, this set is different, as they probably had a lot of product not even leave the warehouse when they got slapped by MLB, and possibly the whole print run wasn't completed yet. Assuming collation of the cards is random within the whole print run and not really relative to any given subset of cases, distribution is always going to be uneven. Could be that there are 6-7 copies of some cards in the wild, and 1-2 of others.

I doubt the serial-numbers on the base cards would give you any clues. I wrote them all out from my set once and they were all over the range. I'm sure the computer that runs the stamping on cards like that randomizes each card, so you don't see them all under 10 or whatever.

Hopefully, though, this gets attention on the set and more cards come out of the woodwork. I'd bet there are quite a few out there in boxes and closets and the owner is clueless as to rarity. Happens when one is listed randomly on ebay for $10 or so, like any other #/75 card "should" be worth.

Featured Contributor
    Bridging the Gap
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love a canseco patch of one of these!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123