Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Idea for Leaf Baseball Product

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Hey BG [MENTION=1948]Leaf[/MENTION] I was thinking last night about some different photos that might be used on cards. Not sure about what options are. Saw the Griffey UD with his high school uniform and it got me thinking. What about minor league league cards for current or retired players? Say Rickey at Modesto or Boise? Ripen wherever he played. College teams? Some players played in Mexico in the 80's (Rickey comes to mind).

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Hey BG @Leaf I was thinking last night about some different photos that might be used on cards. Not sure about what options are. Saw the Griffey UD with his high school uniform and it got me thinking. What about minor league league cards for current or retired players? Say Rickey at Modesto or Boise? Ripen wherever he played. College teams? Some players played in Mexico in the 80's (Rickey comes to mind).

I thought your idea was going to be [h=2]2014 Leaf Rickey Henderson Man of Steal Signature Collection[/h]

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Reminds me of the 2001 Upper Deck Minors Centennial, I could use some more Dawson cards from his Denver days

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Similar products from Panini havent been recieved all that well from what I've seen despite some really cool old photos (aside from a few minor league/collegiate alumni collectors)

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
If they can get away from the "high-end" obsession and make it a regular card set, it might be more successful, and they could sell it for less. I loved the idea of the Donruss Threads sets, but they went overboard in foil, memorabilia, autos and parallels. I just thought it was horribly over-designed. This concept screams NOT to be produced as the latest Leaf Metal set.

I'd love to see Rickey Henderson cards in the TCMA or Cramer style of the 1976 and 1978 cards that he didn't get with Boise and Jersey City (assuming anyone can find photos for the cards).

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Cool idea, if Leaf is able to show the Minor League and college logos.
Otherwise, the set would be useless, because the whole purpose would be to see the vintage jerseys.

However, old pictures of players like Henderson, Ripken, Ryan, etc. are rare.
Player collectors have seen most of the available pictures of their players in Minor League and college jerseys.
So if Leaf could find new, rarely seen pictures, that would be awesome.

Of course, this idea has been done several times before.
My favorite is the 2005 Topps Pristine Legends set:

2005ToppsPristineLegends119.jpg

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So is this something that could work BG? If so I can see if Rickey has any photos or any we can find. I'm sure other collectors can find some of their player.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
I like that idea

Schilling in a Charlotte knights uniform? All for it. Rhyno* in a Spartanburg Phillies uniform might be fun

*Sandberg, not Klesko

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Last edited:

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Is it politically correct to tell you to screw yourself?
BG

You've already screwed me with the Ali release when you promised Andrew in a pre-sale extra auto's for people that bought in. Then there was the Wrestling release that you delayed for months and held my money. Then you had the balls to disrespect me when we waiting at the Beckett booth at the National in Chicago a few years ago.

Screw you too bud. Go peddle your junk elsewhere.

Last edited:

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Uh oh...it's baseball card fight time! Seriously, how about 2014 Leaf Before They Were Heroes? There are actually plenty of minor league photos of dozens of Hall of Famers. It would be amazing to have some buyback minor league issues inserted.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
You've already screwed me with the Ali release when you promised Andrew in a pre-sale extra auto's for people that bought in. Then there was the Wrestling release that you delayed for months and held my money. Then you had the balls to disrespect me when we waiting at the Beckett booth at the National in Chicago a few years ago.

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country

Take that XXXX to PM and don't wreck my thread with stuff that doesn't pertain to topic at hand.

Members online

Latest posts