Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

----------------------TGIF Friday Morning Thread----------------------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcat19

Feb 27, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Morning all.
I have been sucking massively on my practice tests and the most important test of my life is less than a month away. Basically, I want to go sit in a corner and cry...but that wont really help me pass the test. Confidence is not my strength.

Hopefully everyone has a great Friday!

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
So i've been having fun with my boss the last couple of days. Yesterday I tagged us both at a less than reputable strip club. That got a few replies. Today I tagged us both in Vegas. So many people have liked it and replied, even his sister! I even had a buddy call and tell me his was at the Venetian and was cashing out to come meet me. I told him it was just a joke, that I was still at work in Cedar Rapids. Well I just checked us in at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. I don't think my boss knows yet.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - Would you do me a small favor and look at your season tickets and let me know which game's ticket stub Mark Grace is on? I believe you told me he is on one stub this year. Was Dawson on any? What do the stubs look like this year - I heard they have "artwork" on them, not cards like last two years.

You going to the 4/23 Wrigley 100th Anniversary game? I got my ticket sent to me today. [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] - you still thinking about going to that game?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
So i've been having fun with my boss the last couple of days. Yesterday I tagged us both at a less than reputable strip club. That got a few replies. Today I tagged us both in Vegas. So many people have liked it and replied, even his sister! I even had a buddy call and tell me his was at the Venetian and was cashing out to come meet me. I told him it was just a joke, that I was still at work in Cedar Rapids. Well I just checked us in at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch. I don't think my boss knows yet.

Someone may just become unemployed soon. I would stop this if I was you. :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
@Hawk8 - Would you do me a small favor and look at your season tickets and let me know which game's ticket stub Mark Grace is on? I believe you told me he is on one stub this year. Was Dawson on any? What do the stubs look like this year - I heard they have "artwork" on them, not cards like last two years.

You going to the 4/23 Wrigley 100th Anniversary game? I got my ticket sent to me today. @ChasHawk - you still thinking about going to that game?

I can't bring myself to actually purchase tickets for this single A team they have assembled. I live right near the Kane County Cougars, and can watch a single A team for cheaper. It just seems like it will be a 100 lose season for the 100th season too.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] - Would you do me a small favor and look at your season tickets and let me know which game's ticket stub Mark Grace is on? I believe you told me he is on one stub this year. Was Dawson on any? What do the stubs look like this year - I heard they have "artwork" on them, not cards like last two years.

You going to the 4/23 Wrigley 100th Anniversary game? I got my ticket sent to me today. [MENTION=2520]ChasHawk[/MENTION] - you still thinking about going to that game?

I get off work late tonight but I will let you know which one he is on. Dawson is on two ticket stubs, I remember one is the 89 magazine cover of him and Dunston hugging at home plate and I can't remember the other off hand. The Grace is also a magazine cover if I remember correctly. The tickets are mostly magazine or scorecard covers from different decades. Each decade has it's own set if tickets. I will take a picture of all the tickets and post them so everyone can see them. I have listed all my tickets through August so far on stub hub, most of them under face value and I had already sold the 100th anniversary game tickets by just a few hours when I had seen Charlie's request, hope he finds some more.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I can't bring myself to actually purchase tickets for this single A team they have assembled. I live right near the Kane County Cougars, and can watch a single A team for cheaper. It just seems like it will be a 100 lose season for the 100th season too.

If you look on stubhub, a lot of middle of the week games against lesser opponents are going very cheap. I plan on driving up to Chicago the first of June right after I leave the Tri Star card show in Houston and catching games that week.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Good afternoon. Colonoscopy completed and all clear. Celebrated with 2 Dunkin' Donuts/stomach not quite ready for coffee yet.
DANNY

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Good afternoon. Colonoscopy completed and all clear. Celebrated with 2 Dunkin' Donuts/stomach not quite ready for coffee yet.
DANNY

Did you have a endoscopy as well. It's where they go look into your stomach. And hope fully before they go up the back way :lol: But your out so you will really never know.
I had both done at the same time when I had my Hersey highway probe. :p

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If you look on stubhub, a lot of middle of the week games against lesser opponents are going very cheap. I plan on driving up to Chicago the first of June right after I leave the Tri Star card show in Houston and catching games that week.

Interesting. Maybe I'll just have to see if I can save some money :lol: and which games you coming up for. I live about 1 hour from the park.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Interesting. Maybe I'll just have to see if I can save some money :lol: and which games you coming up for. I live about 1 hour from the park.

I don't know what the mark up on stub hub is but I have some games on there for $7 and $9 so they are probably about $12 to the buyer. I will be hitting the Tri Star show in Houston either may 30 or 31 depending on my work schedule, most likely the 31st and I will be leaving straight from there to Chicago so I should be there on June 1st and depending on game time on the 1st I plan on catching the games the 1st-6th

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
Mail day from [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION]

All three cards are for a new auto PC, in which I am identifying past, present and future stars to add to it. I am going to focus on the past and present stars first, but I couldn't pass on these beauties! One could argue Bundy being a star or not, but he grew up an hour from here.

A0FC5BDC-1150-44FF-A7B0-2F613CB5564D_zpsun2gdcbf.jpg

4E26612C-D912-4A5C-9EAC-F781877BCF48_zpsh6o8ghuc.jpg

FFDD0529-FC44-4859-84B8-DE5F08F7939E_zpscdlkswuu.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I don't know what the mark up on stub hub is but I have some games on there for $7 and $9 so they are probably about $12 to the buyer. I will be hitting the Tri Star show in Houston either may 30 or 31 depending on my work schedule, most likely the 31st and I will be leaving straight from there to Chicago so I should be there on June 1st and depending on game time on the 1st I plan on catching the games the 1st-6th

Well they are in Milwaukee on June 1st and off on Monday the 2nd then they have the Mets in and the Marlins the 3rd thru the 8th of June then on the road to the Pirates Philles and Marlins

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
GOod morning, guys. You all sleeping late or was the board down?

Alarm was set for 3:10 am. Went off, but there was no music. So, lucky me, I woke up a hair before 6 am and was late for work (by my standards) by 2 hours and by an hour by what the schedule says. Not a good day as that's two lost hours of wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts