Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC is back online

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Looks like a lot of information is still missing or incorrect, especially for baseball and football. All of Joey Gomes's cards are listed as Jonny Gomes, for instance, and for some reason a Justin Morneau card is listed as Jonny Gomes. Even with these extraneous additions to the Jonny Gomes catalog, he still has far fewer cards listed (139) than he did before the switch (168).

Gonna be a bumpy ride this month, but hopefully well worth it.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
A search for 1998 Tek only shows 1 card.

A search for Andruw Jones shows on the first page 8 of 12 cards missing the subset...showing [???] instead.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
90% of my searches return no results.

My searches that do return results are missing 90% of the cards.

Yeah, can't say it's looking so hot right now. lol

A_Pharis

Considering how they were sourcing, is there a chance a ton of erroneous data got collected by people hungry for store credit?

I mean, one guy has answered over 400k card questions.

It has been up for the "challenge" since Wednesday of last week. Assuming 1 question per second (account for page load time and deduction/typing), that's 4 and a half days (roughly) of clicking/answering NON-STOP. No pee breaks. No crap breaks. And that's 1 second to not only deduce the answer but to type it, too. That seems mighty quick. Problem is - if you change that to 2 seconds, and you come up with more time than the challenge has been up.

So of 7 total days, he's spent ~4.6 of them on COMC. This is assuming it's a 1 to 1 question to point ratio.

You want to tell me they were able to do that with 100% accuracy? My ass.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
The challenge has been up for over 3 weeks I believe, I've been playing for over two, and I believe it was almost a week in already...
As far as checking inaccuracies, I know the cards come up multiple times, so if your answer doesn't match the other answers it pings it to one of the Comc guys who double checks, right vs wrong and puts it in correctly

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Ah, ok. I see it only PAID starting on the 25th. Still - 4 days of solid answering? I have had COD:Ghosts since release on the XBox One, and I just crossed over 5 days of playtime.

Well, I have over 100,000, so I'm probably not one to talk, but since I'm currently unemployed, I had time on my hands, and I needed the credit to buy cards, for the same reason. But some guy, living in his parents basement, with nothing better to do, I can see them having a lot of time on their hands too

A_Pharis

Well, I have over 100,000, so I'm probably not one to talk, but since I'm currently unemployed, I had time on my hands, and I needed the credit to buy cards, for the same reason. But some guy, living in his parents basement, with nothing better to do, I can see them having a lot of time on their hands too

Sorry to hear you're in that spot, man!

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
As has been said, each card comes up in the challenge at least two times, and likely three. The answer has to be verified in order for it to be put in the database.

It's also been up for a month, and the people with multiple hundreds of thousands of points (100 points per set of 50-60 questions, 25 or 30 points if you made a mistake) have been at it for the whole time. It's a pretty crazy way to use your time though, since they must have essentially given up all their free time for an entire month.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts