Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should spring training jerseys be used on cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I ask because someone pointed out that topps is using them on some of their Museum Collection game used cards (Saint Patrick's day green jerseys).

I personally don't care except that it looks funny having a Kershaw quad with a green jersey.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Sure. As long as the card turns out looking nice. With modern players design and rarity are way more important than where the swatch came from. Would be nice to know what we're getting in a straight forward manner however.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Hey, at least you'd know it's player worn in game action, with all the crap that's out there, you don't even know anymore.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I agree it should be used if it's a special jersey like st patricks day or a special patch used only in spring action. I think I might even find it acceptable if it's a swatch from the "racing stripe" of the jersey - whatever that thing is that spring jerseys have that regular season ones don't. Is that a special vent fabric used down the sides of the torso part of a jersey?

Bootstraps9

Feb 4, 2014
Aren't spring training games not even MLB? That seems like a stretch for validity depending on how they define game used

Ogando, Michael Young, Leonys Martin and all Texas Rangers

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Doesn't Topps already use ST jerseys? That's where the disclaimer on the back of the cards come from.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I don't see the big deal but maybe use them in some insert set instead? Didn't Topps have some Spring Training Fever inserts or something at some point? Use the ST jerseys in something like that.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
They might as well just buy the patches and bolts of fabric directly from Rawlings or Majestic since they claim no particular provenance for any of the materials they use. It wouldn't change how people simultaneously complain about them and buy every one they can find.

Members online

Latest posts