Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
AUSTIN! AUSTIN! AUSTIN!

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Austin 3:16 says I just kicked your @ss!

And that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold said so!

(I used to be a WWF fan back in the 80's and 90's.)

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
It was supposed to be a surprise. TMZ ruined it and WWE had no choice but to confirm it after Austin confirmed it himself.

I dont think it was a surprise

They saw him at the New Orleans airport and talked to him.

I mean, they've flown guys like Jericho into smaller airports on different flights then had him drive to the arena to keep things a surprise.

I think it was a last minute deal they worked out and I bet Vince or HHH is going to be on Austin's podcast very soon.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Austin as special ref for the main event.

Book it Hogan.

Stunners for everyone but Bryan in the main event, Bryan walks away with the title.

All Hell breaks loose on RAW.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Austin as special ref for the main event.

Book it Hogan.

Stunners for everyone but Bryan in the main event, Bryan walks away with the title.

All Hell breaks loose on RAW.

That's what I was thinking with it being an "addition" after the DB/HHH goes double DQ for a 4 way title match and it gives us a WM moment with Hogan and Austin

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I dont think it was a surprise

They saw him at the New Orleans airport and talked to him.

I mean, they've flown guys like Jericho into smaller airports on different flights then had him drive to the arena to keep things a surprise.

I think it was a last minute deal they worked out and I bet Vince or HHH is going to be on Austin's podcast very soon.

I think it was because the dirt sheets were saying days before the announcement that Austin reached an agreement with WWE to appear on Wrestlemania or there was strong speculation that he had. They didn't mention anything about it until TMZ saw him at the airport and asked him if he was going to be involved at Wrestlemania. WWE only made an announcement after TMZ blasted it everywhere. It's the same as the Batista situation. Word got out before it was official and WWE had to react and confirm it was happening instead of playing oblivious. You don't think WWE would have beat TMZ to the punch by announcing it ASAP and hyping it up as much as possible if it wasn't meant to be a surprise? Why would they purposely let TMZ beat them to the punch of announcing it if it wasn't meant to be a surprise?

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
I think it was because the dirt sheets were saying days before the announcement that Austin reached an agreement with WWE to appear on Wrestlemania or there was strong speculation that he had. They didn't mention anything about it until TMZ saw him at the airport and asked him if he was going to be involved at Wrestlemania. WWE only made an announcement after TMZ blasted it everywhere. It's the same as the Batista situation. Word got out before it was official and WWE had to react and confirm it was happening instead of playing oblivious. You don't think WWE would have beat TMZ to the punch by announcing it ASAP and hyping it up as much as possible if it wasn't meant to be a surprise? Why would they purposely let TMZ beat them to the punch of announcing it if it wasn't meant to be a surprise?

Vince does love the mainstream attention though.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Vince does love the mainstream attention though.

Oh no doubt. He still would've got it though if WWE revealed Austin coming back. He's one of the most recognizable names of all time in the business. News outlets would've picked up on it even if WWE announced it first. Would it have been as big a reaction? Maybe, maybe not.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Its probably a lot like the Hogan return: they tried to keep it a surprise as long as possible but TMZ broke his return too. So they decide to just announce it to gain more viewers/buys.

It makes more sense to hype Austin being there than keep it a surprise honestly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts