User Tag List

Thread: Need some ID help with two cards 95 Fleer 03 Tribute

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some ID help with two cards 95 Fleer 03 Tribute

I just recently picked up this card. The owner had it listed as a "Promo" "changes on back"
    It is a 1995 Fleer #78 Paul O'neill. It looks as if the card back shows career high numbers within a box. In this promo card 1991 is within a box but on the regular issue there is no box. I have a PSA 10 of the regular version also with no box. I went to my stack of doubles and I had copies of each. Is this an actual promo card or is it a corrected error? Does anyone know what these were or if other players were like this? @tpeichel any idea?

Next is a 2003 Topps Tribute Subway Series Fan Fare Token card of O'neill. Beckett lists just one. No parallels that I am aware of.

Well I got this card in a collection. Looks to be a gold parallel of the same card. The back is identical. Anyone know what this can be?

Thanks in advance for any help with these, Kevin in CT.

Hendersonfan
     Hendersonfan24
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the gold was 1/1? Should be the base (top one), one with red logo /50 and the gold one. Maybe I'm thinking different year?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you might be talking about these: Base, /50, and the 1/1

Beckett only lists 1 card for these Fan Fare Token cards. Im not sure what I have here.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2151 View Post
    I just recently picked up this card. The owner had it listed as a "Promo" "changes on back"
    It is a 1995 Fleer #78 Paul O'neill. It looks as if the card back shows career high numbers within a box. In this promo card 1991 is within a box but on the regular issue there is no box. I have a PSA 10 of the regular version also with no box. I went to my stack of doubles and I had copies of each. Is this an actual promo card or is it a corrected error? Does anyone know what these were or if other players were like this? @tpeichel any idea?

Thanks in advance for any help with these, Kevin in CT.
    It's from the set of unmarked promos. It is not a pack-issued error card. There are 9 or 10 players including Juan Gonzalez and Ozzie Smith.
    http://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/ My Error & Variation blog, focusing on the little-known rarities of the junk era.

http://www.comc.com/Users/JunkWaxGems,sr My COMC account, focusing on oddball, variations and promos.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
    It's from the set of unmarked promos. It is not a pack-issued error card. There are 9 or 10 players including Juan Gonzalez and Ozzie Smith.
    What exactly do you mean by unmarked? Just not stated on the card itself?