Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tristar Productions shows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
They have a show coming up near me, at the Cow Palace in San Francisco and I know they do a lot of shows but I have never been to one.

Generally, how are they? I can see they are heavy on autograph guests, they have a pretty heavy lineup of players like Ripken, Clark, most SF Giants, etc. i would love to get those autos but that's not what I'm going for, don't wanna spend hundreds for a couple of autos when I'm probably only going with around $200.

I know other shows just focus on dealers and whoever else wants a table, do you think this show will have that feel too? I pretty much go to buy low end in bulk.. Old sets, cheap boxes, oddball stuff and any real cheap cards whether it's base, auto, etc. I will murder bargain bins.. I typically for $.10-$1.00 bins of they are available.

For those who have attended their shows, do you think I will find such there? I know logistically it's probably a bit of a different show everywhere, but just a general idea... Or is it really just primarily based on autographers and authenticating?

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
They have a show coming up near me, at the Cow Palace in San Francisco and I know they do a lot of shows but I have never been to one.

Generally, how are they? I can see they are heavy on autograph guests, they have a pretty heavy lineup of players like Ripken, Clark, most SF Giants, etc. i would love to get those autos but that's not what I'm going for, don't wanna spend hundreds for a couple of autos when I'm probably only going with around $200.

I know other shows just focus on dealers and whoever else wants a table, do you think this show will have that feel too? I pretty much go to buy low end in bulk.. Old sets, cheap boxes, oddball stuff and any real cheap cards whether it's base, auto, etc. I will murder bargain bins.. I typically for $.10-$1.00 bins of they are available.

For those who have attended their shows, do you think I will find such there? I know logistically it's probably a bit of a different show everywhere, but just a general idea... Or is it really just primarily based on autographers and authenticating?

I went to there show in Houston in January and the show was decent with lots of bargain bins. I will be going back next month

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA
TriStar San Francisco usually has something for everyone. However, it is typically very heavy on Giants and prospects. I'll be going to pick up some raw, low-grade 1951 Bowman for my set project, and to take some stuff to PSA/DNA.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Tristar SF is the best show in the SF Bay area. I go every year. Lots of visitors from out of SF too. I don't bargain bin myself but if I set up i always do a cheapy box.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
The Houston show has some nice bargain bin stuff. That's all I go for save for the occasional autograph guest.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
I've been off and on collecting the past few years, but I'm excited for the upcoming Cow Palace show. I'll be looking for prospects mostly, and maybe a couple boxes to ?rack. Anybody remember a few years back when they held it at another SF convention center a few miles away from the CP. I just remember that show was awful and had few tables.

Johnny B

Aug 7, 2008
It's usually pretty good, though there is a good amount of vintage (which I like but isn't everyone's thing), and high-end. As a low/mid end collector, I generally don't do great, but find a few things. If I remember correctly, there are some guys who turn up with bulk boxes.

That being said, the GTSM show in San Jose was rough compared to past years. A lot of memorabilia dealers (mostly giants and 49ers) and not as many card dealers as I would've liked. Hopefully that's not an indication of how tristar will be

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Worth an hour or two, not more.

Let's clarify that - it's worth an hour or two if you're a prospector, but if you look at everything else, then it's worth the time.

I have blocked out that entire weekend for the show, and I hope to pick up some cards and sell some cards.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Was gonna go today but I wouldn'tve got there till 5 and I don't wanna feel rushed.. I might only need a couple hours but will feel better knowing I have as much time as I want/need.

Excited for tomorrow, I'll be out there bright n early 10am

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Only shows I've been to are a GTSM (is that right?) show late last year and the show at the mall here. So this will be my first big show, hopin to find lots of stuff.. Sure i will.

Techniq

Jan 2, 2014
South San Francisco, CA
Great haul today.. 1000+ autos and 200+ GU and serial numbered cards, 4 sets, 4 boxes, and a bunch of random cards, maybe 400 or 500.. Along with a ton of pages/sleeves and nice lil statue of Michael Jordan's rookie card and a very faded autographed baseball, but for $5 why the hell not

All that for less than $400.. I'm stoked, my auto/GU/serial numbered just multiplied like twenty fold

Couple highlights were autos from Nolan Ryan, McGwire, and Mattingly for $1 a piece, PSA certified and some nice Tribute/Museum Collection/Five Star for super cheap and a box of 2012 Prizm for $20

Shout out to Ice Cube, cause today was a good day.

Johnny B

Aug 7, 2008
I went yesterday too. I was actually pretty happy with the amount of dealers and the variety. Lots of stuff to look through. I got a bunch of minis for my team sets. The only thing I opened all day was a Gypsy Queen box topper, but it had a ryan Zimmerman mini auto/gu booklet #/5 in it, so I was pretty happy.

overall, I though it was much better than the GTSM show, and certainly worth my drive from the east bay

Members online

Latest posts