Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom Card with some Easter Eggs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If you are on the FCB app and can't see pics, check it out here: http://tanmanbaseballfan.blogspot.com/2014/04/custom-card-with-some-easter-eggs.html

Easter is around the corner, and I thought it would be appropriate to toss some easter eggs into my most recent PC item: A 2013 Topps Jose Canseco (duh!) - autograph prototype 1/1 SSP. :)

This one was a doozie, as I was practicing all kinds of different methods, papers, techniques, etc. I have finally risen from the card stock, cutters and recovered from the adhesive vapors to tell the story.

One of my first customs was a 2013 Jose Canseco A's card. Just a plain, base white card. I enjoyed it, but wanted to do refractors and a super. Which I did. I'm sure you've seen them on my Jose Canseco post on my blog before from a few weeks back.

Well, I was testing a few things - my prototype autographing capabilities and my 1/1 capabilities.

It did not come easy.

doovers.jpg

ALLL SCRAP. I'm fairly sure my tears and hair are hidden underneath.

This, however, made up for it ....

jp1.jpg

Yes, my friends - this was parked in front of my house a few days ago. Some dude came over to buy some old xboxes. He went the whole 9 yards - he even had flairs in the back, and a digital screen up front talking about Jurassic Park!

I rarely think it is ok to use this word, but I'm going to ... AMAZEBALLS.

Okay, so back to the story...

I kept printing and cutting and testing, etc. I finally came up with one. YESSSS!!!! 2 AM last night!!!!

ascardfront.jpg

#VICTORY

I know, it isn't like those special supers, booklets or color refractors I have been doing, but the autograph looks spot on. And then ... turn it over!!

1/1 .... YESSSSSSSS ... wait ... what's this?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

cardbackmessup.jpg

Whatever. Words can't describe. Anyway ... at 2:30am, it just .... oh well.

So, I ended up trying a few other things when I woke up. One of which that I went to bed thinking about (and doing a few tests). I have done Canseco with the A's over and over again. Why not another team?

Well, aside from the fact that I can never find any good high quality pictures, the A's are my favorite team, so I just stick with the A's.

Until now.

Ladies and gentlemen ... Canseco with the Expos!

2expos.jpg

I've shown it before, but it is now an appropriate time in our story where I show this again ....

doovers.jpg

Too many bad memories. Must go to my happy place ......

jp1.jpg

After a run to the paperstock store, I came back and hammered this out:

cardfront.jpg

Can you find the Easter Eggs?

I'll give you a hint.

My son is a huge ... and I mean HUGE Star Wars fan.

See anything now? Look again ....

cardfront.jpg

Here, let me help you. Upper left: here is Anakin chillin' like a dark side villain, watching Canseco batting. I blurred him out, 2010 Topps SSP Abe Lincoln style.

anakin.jpg

See anything else?

You don't?

What about master Obi Wan?

obiwan.jpg

He is looking at you from the dug out.

Finally, one more. Did you catch the storm trooper?

storm.jpg

You probably didn't see him because he didn't make the cut. In my son's words "there is no such thing as too much Star Wars", but I beg to differ, so the Braves fan stayed in place.

Here is the back of the card:

cardback.jpg

If you can't read it, it says in big bold letters: "Congratulations! You haev received a card that has been personally autographed by Jose Canseco" ... and then in smaller, lighter print ...

"'s #1 fan! Well, his printer anyway. This is truly 1 in a million. The other 999,999 went in the trash after Tanner pulled his hair out trying to get this to work."

I admit ... the autograph looks eerily authentic... which is why again, I put "Certified Autograph Prototype" on the front.

As I said before, this isn't the most high quality of creations I've done - heck ... for all intents and purposes, it is a mock of a 2013 Topps base autograph card with a low-res picture to boot. I think it was all worth it though. I now have a cool new PC card with some fun goodies and stories to go along with it. No one else on the intarwebs may understand my sense of humor, but hey, it gives me something to do and yak about.

Last edited:

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
You're gonna need to play some Jedi mind tricks on us because there's no pics ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Nice card(s)! No way I wouldve found the star Wars persons in the card since Ive never seen any of those movies.

Fordman

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Nice card(s)! No way I wouldve found the star Wars persons in the card since Ive never seen any of those movies.

Fordman

WHAT? Okay, Fordman ... stop what you are doing .... start watching! I'm not a Star Wars nerd really myself, but since my son has been into it for so many years, it is like we live and breathe it for at least some portion of each day. Funny thing is, he hasn't even seen them all yet, because we are JUST letting him watch them. He's only 11. I guess you could say I'm the opposite of those types of dads who let their 5 year olds watch the walking dead, lol!

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
WHAT? Okay, Fordman ... stop what you are doing .... start watching! I'm not a Star Wars nerd really myself, but since my son has been into it for so many years, it is like we live and breathe it for at least some portion of each day. Funny thing is, he hasn't even seen them all yet, because we are JUST letting him watch them. He's only 11. I guess you could say I'm the opposite of those types of dads who let their 5 year olds watch the walking dead, lol!

Sorry, I've had no interest in space movies ever. I couldnt tell you any difference of any characters or what show/movies with who goes with what. I know its big business and has a huge following but never peaked my interests in the least! I may watch them one day but not anytime soon!

Fordman

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Sorry, I've had no interest in space movies ever. I couldnt tell you any difference of any characters or what show/movies with who goes with what. I know its big business and has a huge following but never peaked my interests in the least! I may watch them one day but not anytime soon!

Fordman

If I'm being honest, if it weren't for my son, I wouldn't either. Don't tell him that though!

Members online

Latest posts